XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO

XF2 [8WR] XenCarta 2 (Wiki) PRO [Paid] 2.2.0.2

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Might be a silly question, but the permission for "manage attachments" is that just to delete them?

I'd need everyone to be able to add attachments, but only mods to be able to delete. Is this possible with the addon?

Might be a silly question, but the permission for "manage attachments" is that just to delete them?

I'd need everyone to be able to add attachments, but only mods to be able to delete. Is this possible with the addon?

We use the built-in XF attachment manager. It does not separate such permissions.

Reactions: HJW
We use the built-in XF attachment manager. It does not separate such permissions.
Ah thanks for getting back to me, that is a shame as I'd be too worried about one user deleting all the attachments because then they're gone forever.

But understand why it's how it is if it's reusing the existing upload stuff.

Just wondering, when in the wiki, is it possible to make the search default to wiki, rather then 'Everywhere'?
wiki.webp

Just wondering, when in the wiki, is it possible to make the search default to wiki, rather then 'Everywhere'?
View attachment 238572

Looking into the default PAGE_CONTAINER template, it doesn't look like XF has the ability to define such a constraint... and I don't really want to be making changes to the default page container.

Seem to be having an issue with threads using the wiki BB code in the first post when using the XF article layout. It appears the Wiki BB code is not being rendered and the article preview literally just shows the contents of the tag.

So for example, say the Wiki page is "my_wiki_page" and I have [wiki=short]my_wiki_page[/wiki] in the first post of the thread, when viewing the forum, the preview only shows "my_wiki_page", not any of the page. This is with version 2.2.0.1.

Edit:
Ok I think this might be due to XF, quoting @Mike 's post:

To be honest, I don't think we're likely to change this here for a couple reasons.

Technically speaking, the suggestion is basically to render BB code in article previews. Ironically we actually did this and it immediately created some formatting difficulties, particularly with narrower previews (the ones further down the page). If you want to change this for your particular scenario, it can be done with a template edit. Relatedly, even where some formatting elements fit without issue, they may also grab attention more than they should (bold, font size, color, etc).

The intention and expected use case of the preview format is that the "preview" part of it is used as a tag line to draw a user into an article, essentially like what you'd see on various news-style sites. There is generally more expectation of specific formatting/approach requirements than that of an arbitrary thread that any user might post. (The image "requirement" of approach is really an example of this.)

In terms of comparing to the expanded type, expanded articles fit more of a blog-style format. The snippets are generally assumed to be significantly longer, potentially including the whole thing. So full formatting is reasonable to include.

Taken from this post: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/article-preview-embeded-video.184241/#post-1456472

That was in context of videos in the preview, but it looks to be the same effect.

Is there anyway around this?

Last edited:
Is it bad I've only just clicked on to the whole "XenCarta" name reference?

ryan reynolds ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

@Jaxel

So randomly today we're getting these errors.

1605749790915.webp

ErrorException: Template error: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 4src/addons/EWR/Carta/Repository/Parser.php:95

Code:
Stack trace
#0 [internal function]: XF\Template\Templater->handleTemplateError(2, 'preg_match(): C...', '/home/tmtf2ysgf...', 95, Array)
#1 src/addons/EWR/Carta/Repository/Parser.php(95): preg_match('#([\\w-\\s]+)=(.+...', ' planet= Cevant...', NULL)
#2 src/addons/EWR/Carta/Entity/Page.php(157): EWR\Carta\Repository\Parser->parseTemplatesFromHTML(Object(EWR\Carta\Entity\Page), '<div class="car...')
#3 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(148): EWR\Carta\Entity\Page->getParsed()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Entity.php(106): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->get('parsed')
#5 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s25/public/EWRcarta_page_macros.php(39): XF\Mvc\Entity\Entity->offsetGet('parsed')
#6 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(701): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array, Array)
#7 internal_data/code_cache/templates/l1/s25/public/EWRcarta_page_view.php(160): XF\Template\Templater->callMacro('EWRcarta_page_m...', 'page_tab', Array, Array)
#8 src/XF/Template/Templater.php(1315): XF\Template\Templater->{closure}(Object(SV\StandardLib\XF\Template\Templater), Array)
#9 src/XF/Template/Template.php(24): XF\Template\Templater->renderTemplate('EWRcarta_page_v...', Array)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Renderer/Html.php(48): XF\Template\Template->render()
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(458): XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html->renderView('EWR\\Carta:Page\\...', 'public:EWRcarta...', Array)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(440): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderView(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#13 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(400): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->renderReply(Object(XF\Mvc\Renderer\Html), Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View))
#14 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(58): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->render(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), 'html')
#15 src/XF/App.php(2190): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#16 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#17 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#18 {main}

I'm not familiar with this. Any idea as to what this means? Or why it's happening? Thanks in advance!

Heya, it seems like the wiki index has no (or an empty) meta description. So link previews (on Discord chats for example) are left without any description.

Here's an example of the empty meta description link preview:
BVyz12R.png

For Wiki pages it works fine:
e6INSoF.png

How to allow users to publish their own pages without seeing user group lists that appears at the bottom of the page when you click edit?

Hello all,

I am trying to figure out why my adds on do not show up under the add on tab. (See screen shot before you answer please) They are installed and are working, however based on what I have seen there should be links to them under the addons tab. As an example, due to them only showing up on the addons Hyperlink, as opposed to the tab, I am struggling with setting them up.

Here is what I have on my admin.php

View attachment 244711

Here is what I would expect based on tutorials

View attachment 244713

An I missing something? Considering this with multiple addons, I am assuming I am missing a config option somewhere in Xforo.

I am using Version 2.1.9

Top Bottom