XF Development - xf falling apart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The discussion should be entirely about Xenforo. While i strongly disagree that KAM's personal lives should be included into this discussion , i can empathise customers who questions Kier's facebook messages. But still i personally think they should not be the main subject.

Kier's facebook, respectfully, should be off limits for this discussion.

This discussion is again moving to a wrong direction.

Brogan , Jack or Slavik has nothing to do with this discussion.

The discussion should be entirely about Xenforo. While i strongly disagree that KAM's personal lives should be included into this discussion , i can empathise customers who questions Kier's facebook messages. But still i personally think they should not be the main subject.

I agree.

The way I see it, the main concern with people is whether or not XF will have a future post the lawsuit. I think most people assume that XF will have a favorable outcome at the lawsuit. But given the developer's absence and Brogan's indication of some kind of dire situation behind the seasons, most people including myself, are worried whether XF has a future or they plan on just selling the current version as long as possible?

I saw Kier's FB posts... So he's going on a vacation, I don't see why that should be a matter of discussion. But I also cannot help agree with people who say that why can't he just post here and reassure people that XF will be developed further post the lawsuit, assuming a favorable outcome. This shows that the developers are not making a future commitment here irrespective of the outcome of the lawsuit. Hence it is natural for people to assume that the developers have given up on xenforo and the only purpose of xf.com now is to collect as much cash as possible WITH the current version. Even that is OK if they at least said so. Let people buy with the knowledge that they are purchasing a superb but abandoned project.

facebook is public! I don't see a problem with it. KAM has to accept that their actions, which are not "normal" are going to cause repercussions.

I do have so say the title to this thread is misleading. XF is not falling apart. In fact, almost nothing has changed in the last number of months except we know a tiny bit more of the gory details.

If, in fact, it (the code) falls apart, I want to be the first to know. But this thread is just another of the same.

You are no different to the majority of people here in which you really are clueless as to what has gone and still is going on.

This sums it up for me. If we can't take this as concrete evidence that something really is up, then I don't know what will persuade some people :rolleyes:.

Jake/Slavik, do you guys know what this could be about? It seems like you are taking all the flak and running XF while the owners are away, without any payment but lots of hassle.

I'm only so annoyed about this as I want XF to do well, but something isn't right here and only from customers asking for a truthful answer will XF go anywhere. Many of us depend on having reliable software for our living - there's no point migrating to XF only to find it's a dead end in a couple of years.

Personally, I'm not going to crap on someone because they decided to go on vacation and posted some questions to his facebook friends or whatever. He can do whatever he wants on Facebook, Twitter, etc. The only thing I care about is what is posted on here. Now would I be ticked off if he spent 24 hours a day on Facebook and never once signed onto XenForo.com? Sure, but I don't see that being the care here.

The point is that something of substance needs to be posted by KAM.

This sums it up for me. If we can't take this as concrete evidence that something really is up, then I don't know what will persuade some people :rolleyes:.

Jake/Slavik, do you guys know what this could be about? It seems like you are taking all the flak and running XF while the owners are away, without any payment but lots of hassle.

I'm only so annoyed about this as I want XF to do well, but something isn't right here and only from customers asking for a truthful answer will XF go anywhere. Many of us depend on having reliable software for our living - there's no point migrating to XF only to find it's a dead end in a couple of years.

I agree, the entire thing is 100% unfair to Jake, Slavik and I guess there is another mod, Lawrence?

I agree, the entire thing is 100% unfair to Jake, Slavik and I guess there is another mod, Lawrence?
Yes.

There are indeed 4 moderators on this site. And I do feel people forget poor Lawrence and Dean. But regardless, I believe all 4 of them; Jake, Slavik, Lawrence, and Dean are doing a very good job.

And I also think more people here would be good to police themselves and not expect the staff here to micro-manage everyone. Jake, Slavik, Lawrence, and Dean are doing the best they can with the time they have. I wish more people would respect that.

Okay, screw this. I talked to Mike (sorry Mike, but I'm over being strung along by this company) last week on Skype. I directly asked him "will we ever see you and Kier on XF again?"

His reply "really, the only answer I can give you is... I don't know. There are a lot of things up in the air."

I then stated " you do know time is running out on the long-term health of the community."

He replied "only too aware :-/"

You know, I have avoided getting into details of this for months because I consider the guys friends and gave them the benefit of the doubt. As time has progressed, it has become more and more apparent that personal things in their life are the root cause of the situation we all find ourselves in now. A situation that is screwing with my livelihood and ability to take care of my family! Enough of the games. Enough of the excuses. Enough of the BS! It's beyond time to man up and face the music and quit dic*ing around your customers!

Okay, screw this. I talked to Mike (sorry Mike, but I'm over being strung along by this company) last week on Skype. I directly asked him "will we ever see you and Kier on XF again?"

His reply "really, the only answer I can give you is... I don't know. There are a lot of things up in the air."

I then stated " you do know time is running out on the long-term health of the community."

You know, I have avoided getting into details of this for months because I consider the guys friends and gave them the benefit of the doubt. As time has progressed, it has become more and more apparent that personal things in their life are the root cause of the situation we all find ourselves in now. A situation that is screwing with my livelihood and ability to take care of my family! Enough of the games. Enough of the excuses. Enough of the BS! It's beyond time to man up and face the music and quit dic*ing around your customers!

Thank you John. Now we can all make informed decisions.

Well Thanks for telling the truth atleast !

Hope this will give some hope to those hardcore defenders trying to confirm others *we are troll* .

I guess "I don't know" says a lot. It confirms even a little more than the previously known runarounds. That is, it confirms that THEY think they may never be here again. That's fairly heavy!

Someone is collecting the payments. I guess they know about that!
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom