XF and Wishlist Membership?

Divinum Fiat

Hi all,

I'm getting ready to create a bridge with my WP site and XF and wanted to ask if anyone is using XF in combination with Wishlist membership plug-in.

I use Wishlist to protect my digital content.

As it stands with the current set up (WP + XF bridge + WL), people have to register to comment on my blog posts, they have to register again to get to the forum, an they have to register again if they want to purchase something hidden behind Wishlist. That's registering 3 times! :eek:

The worst part is that it gets even more frustrating for them (and me) because all these functions are tied to aWeber (except XF). So they would literally get at least 6 emails and even more intermediary pages (thank you for signing up, thank you for buying, please confirm, here is your stuff, etc.).

Is there anyone who has figured out how to work with these tools and make it easy for people?

Would it be possible to create an add-on that allows them to create ONE login that allows them to login on WP and XF and Wishlist?

Are there capabilities and roles unique to this plugin? Capabilities for gravity forms was added to XenScripts to add compatibility. If you know the capabilities in Wishlist then you might be able to add them.

I'm not sure what "gravity forms" are. Basically, Wishlist is a membership plugin for Wordpress. It allows portions of Wordpress to be for signed up members only (either free or paid). I can make each post a pay-per-post area, or hide entire membership levels with it. In a way, it's similar to the membership levels of XF, but Wishlist is obviously not a forum software, it only manages members. I need Wishlist because of the digital products I sell (access to videos, audios, etc.).

I'm not sure what "gravity forms" are. Basically, Wishlist is a membership plugin for Wordpress. It allows portions of Wordpress to be for signed up members only (either free or paid). I can make each post a pay-per-post area, or hide entire membership levels with it. In a way, it's similar to the membership levels of XF, but Wishlist is obviously not a forum software, it only manages members. I need Wishlist because of the digital products I sell (access to videos, audios, etc.).

Yes. I understood. The XS bridge replaces the roles and capabilities for WordPress. I suspect that Wishlist Member does the same. By adding the roles and capabilities to the XS bridge then compatibility might be added. This was done for the plugin WP gravity forms. You would not need to hire a developer. Does that make sense?

Top Bottom