XenZine Articles [Deleted]

@kram242 The XML is present, just not in the top level

It's here, I've checked: upload/library/XenZine/addon-xenZineArticles.xml

@Richard.r I'll look into why it might be doing this in FF (strange)

@Richard.r I tried both in FireFox and didn't see the issue..

hmm. well at least you've got it via Chrome now :confused: Bizarre
I wonder if it was just a cache issue (an issue with the 1st time you tried, then cached the response?)

When opening the forum, the forum opens on the Article page. I have not a forum for the article - I have an article for the forum. How to make the forum opened as before - on the main page? How to remove this big button that appears when you open the forum? What is the sense? thank you.

Attachments

• errr.webp
    errr.webp
    25.2 KB · Views: 13
@santamo I believe the submit button you see is a custom setting (for another forum), simply go to your ACP options, at the very button untick the option named "Custom - Submit an Article Button"

For the other thing you mention, I'm not quite sure I understand, it sounds like you previously set the home page to a particular Article (is that correct?), how did you do this before, was this with the core route changer?

I use Node as Tabs. Maybe there is a conflict with him.

Thank you - with a submit button understood what to do. I installed the Set Nav Position = " middle", and all was well again.

Addon changes the page address. I have the main routing - / forums and in a line of the address on main page - xxx.su/.
When I established addon, the address changed on xxx.su/forums/.
It shouldn't be. I understood that it occurs when builds the Home mode.

One more question: Addon is compatible to Attach Image Optimization [Tinhte]?

Last edited:
On a new install I can't get the Home link to appear.
In options I've tried "Set Home Page" on all the options and nothing appears.
I only have one test article there but it's on Editor's Picks so should show up.

In XF basic options I have the URL blank for home page.

Mike BIG THANK YOU for doing the permissions. No wonder you've been quiet!

I still study addon and not everything I know while about it.
I like your addon. I think that hierarchical categories aren't sufficient. Often the subject belongs to two different categories, for example humour and a zen. Hierarchical categories won't be able a subject to one of them. For example, in the BetterBlocks is made so that you can add still additional categories it is very convenient. Thanks.

I still study addon and not everything I know while about it.
I like your addon. I think that hierarchical categories aren't sufficient. Often the subject belongs to two different categories, for example humour and a zen. Hierarchical categories won't be able a subject to one of them. For example, in the BetterBlocks is made so that you can add still additional categories it is very convenient. Thanks.

It's on the list to have duplicates.
Have a look at the first post in this thread (or second).

Addon doesn't support adaptive design.

It very much does

Can you go to xenzine.com and see if you can reproduce the same issue (I believe you have made a global change.. possibly a float in your Extra.css ?) I'm currently in Greece for a week, so I can only give very limited support, but I would look at your Extra.css if you've added anything there

I've just updated the to-do list and added the 1.1.07 changes
(Only 9 more items to complete)

I still haven't added the list view styles ... the reason for this is that I first want to change the base script, and use one script for all functions. So it makes more sense to leave the list-view-styles until after this update. Using one script means we can get rid of the lazy loading and carousel scripts and do everything with just one method. This will perform better and I'll give more options to do flashing things (like animating the a flipping in the article entities as they load... should you wish to tick this option in the ACP)

Top Bottom