XenZine Articles [Deleted]

• A link to my published articles (or sth like this) would be good in the visitorTab.
- What do you mean by visitors tab, that link is already available at the bottom of the article, or at the bottom of the user profile (other articles by..)

I meant this place:
Visitor tab.webp
  • hooks in the template of article list
- Agree, these should be hooks for ads (top/bottom/side bar)?
For example for ads, I'm using the article page as the front page with additional features from widget framework. (I inserted the dadad itself)
  • comment field under article (creates a post in the discussion thread)
- Need more info (would there be a discussion thread and duplicate comments under the article... this would look messy)
I thought the latest comments of the discussion thread could appear under the article along with a comment box.

Is it possible to not show the "watch category" box for unregistered users?

Yeah, I can add that to my to-do list

Also, suggesting "node as tabs" support. Jake Bunce made it possible in latest release Sep 10 to have other node types have their own tabs, quoting "1) Added API for other non-default node types to use";).
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/nodes-as-tabs.9/updates

I could add article-category-nodes as tabs as an option

Last edited:
Maybe I did something wrong. I have little time to study this forum

I installed in the settings-style: page width, max-width: 976px;

Can you take a screen shot of where you added your "max-width: 976px"
I've not been able to reproduce this yet, if you are not sure where you added the max-width you can start a conversation with me and provide a user for me to log in to your forum

I'll look at your css and should be able to tell you where / how the css has been modified (I do suspect it is the Extra.css, since this page is responsive)

Last edited:
On a new install I can't get the Home link to appear.
In options I've tried "Set Home Page" on all the options and nothing appears.
I only have one test article there but it's on Editor's Picks so should show up.

In XF basic options I have the URL blank for home page.

Mike BIG THANK YOU for doing the permissions. No wonder you've been quiet!

The "Set Home Page" option will only work with a XF version > 1.2
The category permissions did take a bit of time, but it's done well now ;)

tenants updated XenZine Articles with a new update entry:

Back From Corfu Release

Okay, there are only a couple of minor fixes in this versions

I previously released 1.1.0.7 as a beta since I was away for a week or so...
I can now release 1.1.0.8 and I'm around to fix any emergency bugs :)

There were only a couple of bug found in 1.1.07 (most forums wouldn't have seen these)

Fixes
  • Word count works in Arabic
  • Share Facebook button doesn't overlap any other buttons when g+ is used
  • Article Title is now a link (this should have been added in 1.1.07... so its a...

Read the rest of this update entry...

There is an option in the ACP to turn off ratings, but they will still be ordered by ratings in the Article List if rating previously existed.

There is no way to remove the existing ratings unless you run a query to remove ratings from articles, such as:

Code:
UPDATE xz_article SET review_avg =0, review_count=0

But only run that if you actually want to remove the ratings.

If you just want the Article List to be ordered differently, ordering is on my To Do list, so that should be along in a later version. The order of the Article List is currently set to ratings & publish time

Some text is hard-coded in the templates.

- the links: like / reviews / summary in category-view
- the text "no more pages to load"
- the text "loading the next set of articles"

And:
- Loading article images

I am really mpressed with how this works. It makes my articles almost look sexy, where they absolutely aren't. :-)

Some requests:

- to be able to remove the link "Watch category" in category-view. it's not so nice while eveything else is so very nice. This link could be shown when you open a category. Maybe near the title.

- could the link "add an article" be in the standard position, where all add-something-links are placed in Xenforo? On the right side of the breadcrumb? Would be nice I think.

- is there a way to make a search-link to only search in the articles?

An other small style bug. On the smallest possible browser size the right category border is cut off:

border right.webp

I think the width of the category boxes is a bit to large, the same width like the article boxes would be better.

Last edited:
I'd love to see some examples listed where this addon really shines. It feel the original doesn't really grab me to "go get it", although I really like the feature set. Anyone out there?

If you use XF > 1.2 you can use route filters.
If you look at xenzine.com, I've used the following XenForo Route filter to achieve:

xenzine.com/articles
xenzine.com/?tag=green
xenzine.com/articles/lana-pop-art.122/

Is there a way to do same with categories so we have: http://www.SiteName.com/category-name/*
rather then http://www.SiteName.com/sitename-articles/?category=category-name-here&id=273
...and same for sub-categories: http://www.SiteName.com/category-name/sub-category/*

@Krisx if you use the route changer I mentioned, your categories should look like this:

xenzine.com/articles/?category=dogs&id=179

If you use xenzine as the home page, you can do something similar to xenzine.com
http://xenzine.com/?category=dogs&id=179

The category part is not possible to change with the route filter since its not part of the route
http://xenforo.com/help/route-filters/

One way to do this would require a code change (and it has been requested before) to add categories as a separate route

so by default we would have
site.com/xz-articles/myarticle.1/
site.com/xz-categories/dogs.179

you could then set xz-articles to articles and set this to home
so you would have
site.com/articles/myarticle.1/

but, you would still need something to defined that you are in the categories route:
site.com/categories/dogs.179

I can't think (without using htaccess) of a way that would allow me to do this:
site.com/dogs.179 since the home route would already be used by xz-articles

So is this
xenzine.com/category/dogs.179
much better than this
xenzine.com/?category=dogs&id=179

Last edited:
Top Bottom