XenZine Articles [Deleted]

So I did that, and when I try to promote an imported thread, I get:

"
Error
Please enter a value for the required field 'username'.
"

Since the article was created by the "vB4 Importer" perhaps?

Do you have access the database, can you look at the post_id you are trying to convert
The article Authors user name is grabbed from the first post.

$articledw->set('username', $post['username']);

SQL:
SELECT * FROM `xf_post` WHERE post_id = YourPostIdGoesHere

If username is not set, then there is something wrong with the way that post has been imported (you can update all of these with a bit of sql, but it should really have been done by your importer)

The importer is a little bit funky, because on the thread page, it shows it being created by the original author (Me in this particular case).

But when you go to the forum view, it shows all threads "vB4 Importer" and then the last poster.

I will check out the database and see what I can find.

Oh no! I made a big mistake... I deleted my xenzine categories. I recreated them using the same names but the articles are not going back. When I click on the article I can still see the original category in the bread crumbs but not on the article page. Is there a way to reorganize this mess I made?

Edit the article (Edit Details at the bottom), then select the new category, deleting populated categories is not something I've tried, but it should work

upload_2014-2-27_14-32-19.webp

How did you manage to accidentally delete a category? It asks you for a confirmation before it deletes

1) Yes (filterable and searchable), currently you can see the filterable custom field "County" when selecting the filter button here: xenzine.com
- I still have to add it to the searchable index (not complete)
2) Yes, all words should be phrased and can be updated with the phrase manager
4) [TIMEFRAME] I can't really say, there is still much to do, I would like to include a few more things for next version
less than 2 Months more than a week. Sorry, I can't be more accurate than that.

Could it be possible to have a simple version of this? I'm really hurting to make basic glossaries - 2 columns with word + translation, searchable.
It's about 6 weeks since you posted that estimate so just wondering - dont take it as pressuring or bullying PLEASE I'm just such a big fan and wondering.

Do you have access the database, can you look at the post_id you are trying to convert
The article Authors user name is grabbed from the first post.

$articledw->set('username', $post['username']);

SQL:
SELECT * FROM `xf_post` WHERE post_id = YourPostIdGoesHere

If username is not set, then there is something wrong with the way that post has been imported (you can update all of these with a bit of sql, but it should really have been done by your importer)

Just ran it. Username is set as me. It does have a space in it though, could that be throwing it? I've tried it with others though

PostDB.webp

Just ran it. Username is set as me. It does have a space in it though, could that be throwing it? I've tried it with others though

View attachment 68261

No, that should work fine, I can't see anything wrong with that row, username should be populated (unless the post wasn't grabbed)

I grab the 1st post of the thread via:
Code:
$threadId = $this->_input->filterSingle('thread_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);
$ftpHelper = $this->getHelper('ForumThreadPost');
list($threadFetchOptions, $forumFetchOptions) = $this->_getThreadForumFetchOptions();
list($thread, $forum) = $ftpHelper->assertThreadValidAndViewable($threadId, $threadFetchOptions, $forumFetchOptions);
$first_post_id = $thread['first_post_id'];
$post = $this->_getPostModel()->getPostById($first_post_id);

I wonder if first_post_id is not set for that thread, can you also run the sql for that thread:

SQL:
SELECT * FROM `xf_thread` WHERE thread_id = YourTheadIdGoesHere

So I did that, and when I try to promote an imported thread, I get:

"
Error
Please enter a value for the required field 'username'.
"

Since the article was created by the "vB4 Importer" perhaps?

I had the same problem. I dont suggest you do what I did but I deleted the categories in articles unintentionally and when I recreated them I no longer got the error. Problem is all your articles will be unorganized and as far as I could tell there is no way to reorganize them short of re-posting them or turning them into threads and then back into articles... I'm not sure if this info will help someone smarter then me figure out the problem but I hope so. Goof luck!:)

@BillyGoat4130

Can you also try to reproduce this a xenzine.com, I'll give you permissions once registered...
To reproduce this, there might just be a step I'm overlooking (the type of category you are selecting?)

Hello @tenants I was wondering if there is a way for the articles that land in the forum to open on the 'article' tab and not the 'discussion' tab. Even better, is there a way to display the whole article in the 'discussion' tab when it is opened via a forum? It's a little confusing for new members. Silly I know, but true.

Many Thanks,
Nick
www.californiareefs.com

Hello @tenants I was wondering if there is a way for the articles that land in the forum to open on the 'article' tab and not the 'discussion' tab. Even better, is there a way to display the whole article in the 'discussion' tab when it is opened via a forum? It's a little confusing for new members. Silly I know, but true.

Many Thanks,
Nick
www.californiareefs.com

Not at the moment, it has been requested a couple of times, so I'll add it to the to-do list

Last edited:
No, that should work fine, I can't see anything wrong with that row, username should be populated (unless the post wasn't grabbed)

I grab the 1st post of the thread via:
Code:
$threadId = $this->_input->filterSingle('thread_id', XenForo_Input::UINT);
$ftpHelper = $this->getHelper('ForumThreadPost');
list($threadFetchOptions, $forumFetchOptions) = $this->_getThreadForumFetchOptions();
list($thread, $forum) = $ftpHelper->assertThreadValidAndViewable($threadId, $threadFetchOptions, $forumFetchOptions);
$first_post_id = $thread['first_post_id'];
$post = $this->_getPostModel()->getPostById($first_post_id);

I wonder if first_post_id is not set for that thread, can you also run the sql for that thread:

SQL:
SELECT * FROM `xf_thread` WHERE thread_id = YourTheadIdGoesHere

They do match. I checked some of the content in that post ID when I had ran the SQL for it earlier. Here is the one for the thread ID:
ThreadDB.webp

But... on the same token, here is what it shows on threaddisplay;

LastPostVB4Importer.webp

EDIT: I also just noticed, the threadlist view is showing "0" replies for every thread, when infact a lot of them do - probably part of the problem?

They do match. I checked some of the content in that post ID when I had ran the SQL for it earlier. Here is the one for the thread ID:
View attachment 68300

But... on the same token, here is what it shows on threaddisplay;

View attachment 68301

EDIT: I also just noticed, the threadlist view is showing "0" replies for every thread, when infact a lot of them do - probably part of the problem?

ah... look at your image above.

look at the column first_post_id, why is the value 0?

The first_post_id should point to the 1st post id (from the information you have provided, in your case I believe this should be 1300185, it should never be 0)

Still, you can run a bit of sql (now we know what the issue is), but the importer should really do this (so it needs to be fixed there too)

I have no idea :) I just ran the importer I linked to earlier, but I have no idea how it actually functions or the mechanics of it.

I know the vb4 importer was coded in the very early days of XF, was that field something that could have been added in a later version or something perhaps?

I can PM you the details to the site if you'd like to take a look. You will have to add a line to your hosts file since I'm running it on a dummy domain setup.

@BillyGoat4130 I was looking at a bit of sql to update this, but have you tried using the core importer (it will probably solve this issue, and other issues you are likely to encounter with other add-ons in the future)

upload_2014-2-28_13-45-33.webp

Back
Top Bottom