XenVetana (was XenVetica)

Tahoma is a UI font (it's actually horizontally-compressed Verdana), and it's fairly hopeless for large bodies of text, IMHO.

I love tahoma <3

I also love the new MS font Candara ... <3 <3

So nice!

Helvetica is a paid font btw, only you Appletards have it for free, and those of us who have purchased it for design reasons, it does not ship with Windows.

Amazes me how many sites use Helvetica, and therefore force 80-100% of their visitors to the secondary font that the designer has not even looked at to check if it works.. it often doesn't!

Here is how utterly crap a version of Helvetica looks on a Windows machine with FF - and I actually *have* this font installed.

This was on the Opera Browser site, for a new utility called Dragonfly, screenshot from March 2010 - thankfully they have now changed the font and site design, but this is what a lot of sites look like that use Helvetica Bold Italic (Just whhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyy???? )

opera_ickfont.webp

One of our Universities used the exact same font.. looks utter utter rubbish in Windows.

BTW.. the image is not compressed in anyway.. that is how the font looked LOL

Trebuchet MS and Verdana are my favorite fonts. Verdana mostly, because it is much easier to read the worse my eyes get.

I use Verdana a lot, just prefer Tahoma, it is a tiny bit more stylish somehow, but not as easy to read I agree :)

Candara beats them all though :p but I guess you Apple-O's don't get it.

488px-Candara_sample.svg.png

Hey I'm a windows gal! I have Candara, but haven't used it much.
Actually Trebuchet MS has always been my favorite font to work with. Til my eyes started giving me problems.

Definitely prefer the default of Georgia and Calibri. Although I would personally suggest Constantia over Georgia, leaving the latter as a fallback for those who don't have Office 2007 or higher installed on their systems.

And while we're on the subject of styles, I'd just like to say that "Gruesome Colors" is hardly gruesome at all. I think it looks very nice... A purple/pink style is quite unique.

Despite using Verdana on my own forums, I'm not liking it in XenVetana for some reason. Odd.

It seems to make it all too loose (I know it's a wide font) but maybe the fixed width is compounding that effect too?

Back to default for me, for now :)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Ahhhhh ... that's better (I know, it's a visual thing and you guys and girls can't see it as I'm seeing it, but ... well, anyway, I'm happy again for now!) <contented sigh> :)

I love tahoma <3

I also love the new MS font Candara ... <3 <3

So nice!

Helvetica is a paid font btw, only you Appletards have it for free, and those of us who have purchased it for design reasons, it does not ship with Windows.

Amazes me how many sites use Helvetica, and therefore force 80-100% of their visitors to the secondary font that the designer has not even looked at to check if it works.. it often doesn't!
Well, Helvetica is basically the superior version of Arial and most designers would agree it deserves preference between the two. Most web designers would also define a font-family like Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, so the Windowstards can have their own special font ;)

But I agree some fonts created for MS are great, like Trebuchet & Georgia.

Georgia is a good choice to use because of its "web safe" nature, which is probably why XenForo is using it by default over a similar font, such as Constantia.

As for Helvetica, all Apple devices, including the iPhone, should have it installed by default.

Top Bottom