Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A date isn't going to happen.

Then clearly you are not being honest with us (or yourself) when you claim to own up to your responsibilities.

Yes I know that isn't the project completion point. It's just a big step where the project can take a nice turn and I can likely commit more time to it.

Once it's listed as a resource on here and has a more positive impression in the community and potentially selling licenses again and no longer considered "vaporware", I should be able to have updates and support similar to the rest of my add-ons.

If I understand this correctly, you will only commit to updates and support beyond version 1.0 if the XF community forgets/forgives this fiasco and starts buying up new licenses?

Good luck with that.

I'm committing to support and updates now. I'm just saying hopefully shortly after the first release (stable), there will be a more positive tone and it'll be easier to give this project the same time and support and time that my other add ons receive.

give this project the same time and support and time that my other add ons receive.
That is a few hours a week.

@Daniel Hood Let's be realistic here. This is a project that needs hundreds of hours to complete. With hundreds of features listed in the suggestions forums. Most of which are confirmed.
A project for which you do not want nor cant commit the required time. It will take years this way and at that pace there is very little hope of this project ever coming to completion.

Considering that there are at least 4 milestones, can you commit to one milestone per month? That would mean that we will still have to wait at least 4 more months.

Or do you think its time to refund us and let a trustworthy developer start over who can deliver what we pay for?

He is saying that he is communicating with us, but what good is his 'communication' when in fact all he is doing is making one excuse after the other. In other words, bla bla.

We all have to forget about the money. It is gone. But what surprises me, is the arrogance of @Daniel Hood, who in spite of scamming a lot of users out of their hard earned cash, is still acting like we are fools. And on top of that, he has the cheek to ask us that we still pay his hourly fee to fix the problem, which he created in the first place. Are you for real? Have you heard that song that goes like this... Fool me once, shame on you. Fol me twice, shame on me. And your family situation is of no interest to me. I have new for you, you are not the only one who has got kids to support.

@Daniel Hood, you must either refund us the money, or deliver the product that you promised us. Stop taking other work and releasing new mods here until you make good on your promise.

I do appreciate that Daniel is hanging there and being willing to communicate to a pretty hostile audience. Still what a mess this is for everyone who bought the product. I implemented it on my website and most of it works OK...which is why I don't think it will take hundreds of hours to firm up a basic but usable version of this add on... that Daniel can start selling again. Unfortunately more pieces are falling apart as we do the latest Xenforo upgrade. and it may not be usable.

I don't give a darn about the payment section at this point. I hope you can get the barest, stable version of this out as soon as possible. So long as you keep your living intact I hope that it's your number one priority.

I would disappear the discussion section by the way- it just confuses people anyway. People on my Forums are putting their reviews in the discussion section (lol)

Last edited:
I implemented it on my website and most of it works OK...which is why I don't think it will take hundreds of hours to firm up a basic but usable version of this add on... that Daniel can start selling again. Unfortunately more pieces are falling apart as we do the latest Xenforo upgrade. and it may not be usable.

That's a very old version using Jeff's code which Daniel says he needs to completely re-write not using the grid system that version uses. No one has access yet to the new version with the one working widget used on his site.

Clearly this discussion is not going anywhere, we seem to just being going in circles. Daniel has said he will do a better job of providing progress updates and development releases. I am looking forward to seeing what he posts in the next week or so regarding the remaining tasks. If people are still not satisfied with that or nothing does materialize, I don't think complaining in this thread is going to do anything. Those of us who are still interested should consider other options for getting this add-on developed and receiving a refund.

I am not involved in this product in any kind of form. I was just looking for new posts on the forums and was curious about why this thread gets so many new replies. So I've been reading the couple of tens messages here to understand what is going on.

Anyway, from what I understand is that this project will take a big amount of time to be ready to use. From the tone and progress of the creator, it seems it will take many months. But then again XF2 will be probably published until then (or close to be published).

So my question is, does it even make sense to wait for this product as a customer or to work for this product as the creator?

I mean ppl are not satisfied with this anyway, and until the milestones are completed I assume XF2 will be already released. So basically there will be a big product on a dead version of xenforo (sure,not all will switch to xf2 but you know what I mean). I am also sure there won't be a xf2 version of this add-on you can import to as there is no xf1 even yet published.

I think you guys should come to another agreement as even if the developer would deliver, I think it is already too late to have a benefit from it as xf2 is around the corner.

For example you guys could come to the agreement to abandon this project in return of adding all needed features to the new classifieds add-on he is working on anyway. So then both sides would benefit and it would have a better future. Sth like that.

I m just suggesting as a neutral observer.

The XenForo team and I have reached a solution, well at least it has to be. I have until the middle of May to either deliver a stable version 1.0 that can be listed in the Resource Manager, refund the 14 people that contributed to the pozible campaign ($3,670), or have all my resources delisted from here. I will be working towards option a. The release will be what we agreed upon for 1.0 a while ago, pretty much all of the current features (with XenGrid elements finished being ported into widgets). Monetary features will be started shortly after. I'll provide the weekly updates that I mentioned on Easter, starting next Monday.

To clear up concerns of option a being impossible/improbable: I'm planning to achieve option a by only providing critical updates to my other add-ons (there are a couple of bugs that came up last night in two different add-ons, don't be alarmed when they get updated). Better organization and goal tracking should also help.

The XenForo team and I have reached a solution, well at least it has to be. I have until the middle of May to either deliver a stable version 1.0 that can be listed in the Resource Manager, refund the 14 people that contributed to the pozible campaign ($3,670), or have all my resources delisted from here. I will be working towards option a. The release will be what we agreed upon for 1.0 a while ago, pretty much all of the current features (with XenGrid elements finished being ported into widgets). Monetary features will be started shortly after. I'll provide the weekly updates that I mentioned on Easter, starting next Monday.

Kudos to Daniel and Team XenForo for coming up with a solution - I think it's in the best interests of everyone involved.

Last edited:
I can send you 10 dollars donation if that can help you regarding refunding money to contributers. It is not much, but it can help.
I have nothing with this addon, but I have bought some of Daniels addons, and I can not tell anything against him in person or creator of addons.

I read this thread from beginning and can not nothing else than strange situation is here.
I have little daughter (1 year old) and I know that free time is so precious in that situation.

I can send you 10 dollars donation if that can help you regarding refunding money to contributers. It is not much, but it can help.
I have nothing with this addon, but I have bought some of Daniels addons, and I can not tell anything against him in person or creator of addons.

I read this thread from beginning and can not nothing else than strange situation is here.
I have little daughter (1 year old) and I know that free time is so precious in that situation.
This was never about being against Daniel personally nor about his add-ons. It was simply a bad situation that was allowed to get out of hand to the point where it seemed there was no solution acceptable to all sides. Now there is resolution with a definite endpoint from which everyone will be able to move on.

The XenForo team and I have reached a solution, well at least it has to be. I have until the middle of May to either deliver a stable version 1.0 that can be listed in the Resource Manager, refund the 14 people that contributed to the pozible campaign ($3,670), or have all my resources delisted from here. I will be working towards option a.
This is a very good turn of events. You have quite some work ahead of you.
As you did outsource some of your XenMods work, can we count on it that you will keep being transparent on who works on XenReviews?

Last edited by a moderator:
It was and it's not false but I appreciate it being kept private. No, they will not be used. Yes I will remain transparent.

While I appreciate your offer, the fact you care, and the compliments, it is not something I can consider accepting. In all honesty, either option a or option b are 100% going to happen. The plan is for me to do option a but I have a backup plan for option b to work without putting my family in too tough of a spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom