Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really great to hear! Nice to see things moving forward. Sadly though, it had to came down to xenForo staff getting involved with a alternative of getting a stable release out sooner rather then later or all your add-ons will be deleted. Rather then refusing realistic release time frames on your own. But as I said again, great to see it moving forward and off the back burner.

Wow. As a potential client, I'm still quite wary of what will be produced. I want happy code and am worried that this will be sad code.

Daniel's coding skills are fine. It's just something that got out of control. However, and more importantly, a resolution has been reached and @Daniel Hood is working diligently toward it.

I'll provide the weekly updates that I mentioned on Easter, starting next Monday.
Even though this didn't happen yesterday, is there any chance on this?
It would be nice to get an update. Especially since the xenreviews development install on xenmods is still offline.

Even though this didn't happen yesterday, is there any chance on this?
It would be nice to get an update. Especially since the xenreviews development install on xenmods is still offline.
Didn't know what you meant by this because I always access the reviews category directly (typing reviews/ leads me to the category in chrome). I just resolved that issue though.

As for the update for the past week. I started on a few more widgets:
  • items with a few filters: author -- only works on the item view page as it searches for items by the same person, featured, selectable categories
  • reviews [ordered by most helpful or newest]
At the risk of being too ambitious, I'd like to put up a zip that isn't dependent on XenGrid and has a few widgets by the 15th. At that point, I'm probably going to archive the entire Bug Reports section on XenReviews so I can focus on stability.

I just resolved that issue though.
Its good to be able to see the development install again.
I started on a few more widgets:
Could you post a list of remaining widgets that need to be ported? (on xenreviews.com)
At the risk of being too ambitious, I'd like to put up a zip that isn't dependent on XenGrid and has a few widgets by the 15th.
That would be nice.
At that point, I'm probably going to archive the entire Bug Reports section on XenReviews so I can focus on stability.
There are only 27 bug reports there. It seems best to just check those bugs and see which are resolved after the next release.

No update again this Monday. Any chance on a belated update? This would be highly appreciated.
Yeah to be honest saying Mondays was a bad idea. Monday is probably the worst day to try and do that. Start of the week, more tired, catching up from the weekend at my job, etc... lol let's go with Tuesday's as the norm. I will post an update a little later today though, I literally just woke up (still laying in bed, typing from my phone).

Can we still expect the package?
Should be.

I wanted to follow up despite not finishing what I was hoping for. Didn't forget about you guys but I'm going to spare myself from pretty much posting the same thing as the last update and instead post some screenshots tomorrow and the zip the following day (hopefully, both of those things could easily end up being an extra day out -- screenshots thursday, zip friday).

I'll provide the weekly updates that I mentioned on Easter, starting next Monday.

None happened.

At the risk of being too ambitious, I'd like to put up a zip that isn't dependent on XenGrid and has a few widgets by the 15th.

Cannot locate these. Did any happen?

instead post some screenshots tomorrow and the zip the following day (hopefully, both of those things could easily end up being an extra day out -- screenshots thursday, zip friday).

Didn't see any screens anywhere. Still cannot locate any zip file.

Have you shifted your focus to Option B (you did state you had a backup plan for that)? Seeing as how each and every deadline you've mentioned for the past few weeks has come and gone, is this a safe assumption on our part?

Missing one of your self imposed deadlines I can see as accidental or busy, two in a row is stretching that theory.... three and four.... now your just flatly showing you don't really care if this is completed or not.

It's not like you aren't posting here, you are. You just avoid this thread like a plague.

I had faith in this project once. I can recall many times how everyone chimed in stating all crowdfund were failures, yet you remained adamant XenReviews would be a success. At 7 months, the lynch mob (myself included) blasted @Jaxel . I can honestly say I was wrong, he delivered, he's a man of his word. 2 years, 6 months, 8+ days later... after the start of this debacle, I cannot say the same about you Daniel. I personally gave you a pass in this because we were friendly, chums, etc.

It's a shame your still on a quasi free pass here at XenForo.... all things considered.

I don't see this add on happening, but I do remain hopeful Daniel man's up and does what is right. Finishes, or pays. If you're going to avoid deadlines, just pay up and close this. I'd rather know I've lost this add on than continually be waiting on nothing. Just.... for the love of our.... quit jwrking around everyone with the continual silence and missed deadlines.

Best of luck on the decision you make.

@Daniel Hood
I have been looking at the xenreviews development install daily, as you said that we could see/track development there. I was hoping to see some effort to implement the many missing features before the deadline. Unfortunately I have not seen any significant activity there in the last 3 weeks.
With less than a month to go before the deadline and a very large number of regressions to fix, are you still planning to deliver?

None happened.
There's been two (ignoring the one where everyone was still arguing with me the entire weekend), I did one on the Tuesday after and acknowledged that Tuesday should be the usual day the following time.

Cannot locate these. Did any happen?
At the risk of being too ambitious, I'd like to put up a zip that isn't dependent on XenGrid and has a few widgets by the 15th

This is why people, myself included, really hate to put dates on things.

Have you shifted your focus to Option B (you did state you had a backup plan for that)? Seeing as how each and every deadline you've mentioned for the past few weeks has come and gone, is this a safe assumption on our part?
No, option a is still option a and option b is the less desirable option b.

It's not like you aren't posting here, you are. You just avoid this thread like a plague.
What? 40% of my posts in the past week (ignoring this post even), have been in this thread.

@Daniel Hood
I have been looking at the xenreviews development install daily, as you said that we could see/track development there. I was hoping to see some effort to implement the many missing features before the deadline.

Still on pace to meet my deadline. Once the widgets are done and I get you guys running through Beta 5 again to squish any potential bugs, we'll have a stable version of Beta 5 with widgets replacing the grid system.

Unfortunately I have not seen any significant activity there in the last 3 weeks.
With less than a month to go before the deadline and a very large number of regressions to fix, are you still planning to deliver?
What do you mean large number of regressions? But yes, to answer your question, that is still the plan.

To be frank with everyone, option B is much easier for myself. I don't want to give the false impression that I have nearly 4k sitting around and I'm just choosing not to refund you guys. If it comes down to it, my plan is to pull a 3 year loan against my 401k which will factor down to under $25 a week which I can easily make up with 1 hour of freelancing (which is significantly less time than I spend on this project). Personally, that's a much simpler solution for myself to get this project behind me. I'm not doing that though because it doesn't cover a lot of people and I don't want to do that to anyone.

Like I said, come middle of May, the 14 people that crowdfunded this project will get either a stable version 1 which lacks some features that will come in subsequent releases (1.1 and 1.2) or they will get their money back.

I had a stomach bug over the weekend which is why I haven't been replying and which is why I slipped behind. I didn't post because I think we're past the point of needing to give excuses.

What do you mean large number of regressions?
To name a few of many missing features that I spot on first sight: multiple locations on category map, filters, featured items, members viewing, gallery, pro's and cons, view more..., rating overview, reviews sidebar block, comments are now on separate/duplicate page, report reviews, most positive/negative review

If I understand you correctly then you have used an older version of the software, removed all widgets and then need to recreate the widgets and features that were removed by this. Plus adding the features that needed to be fixed or were scheduled for 1.0 but not created yet.
To tell exactly what those features are will become possible once we have a package and can see what features are in and are not yet present.

you have used an older version of the software
I'm using the most recent version that you guys had access to before I took the project back. From my understanding, it was feature frozen for 1.0. I then took the grid system out and am replacing the grid elements with widgets.

From my understanding, it was feature frozen for 1.0.
If you would have read the suggestions & bug forum on XenReviews.com then you would understand differently. Your general impression is correct but there is a little more to it. That version had a few features removed that were going to be added back in. Here are a few missing features scheduled for 1.0: http://xenreviews.com/forums/suggestions.4/?prefix_id=19
Here are 2 suggestions that were in development: http://xenreviews.com/forums/suggestions.4/?prefix_id=11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom