Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
XR items are not posts, threads, or forum nodes. Our system works independently from XF's forums which allows us to make it a lot more powerful. Though, to answer the root of your question yes they still show up in the new posts section which you can see here. They just show in their own tab. Please note that page is still under construction :)

A-ha. Gotcha. That is more than enough, thanks for your super fast replies. I've been mocking around with forums that need to hold extra content for years, and in my experience I've only had success when the extra content was being kept in a way that fully integrates with the forum. Otherwise the members don't bother using it.

So this looks cool, I'll have a chat with my mods and I might buy it to play around :)

I agree. We have a lot more planned features to integrate it even more with the user experience like on the profile page you'll be able to list your favorites, or items you own, or locations you've been to, etc. This will be a good way for us to ask our users for reviews for items that they've had experience with and also recommend similar items based on their likes to them.

Glad you're liking it so far! If you have any other questions let me know.

I was hoping the move to the new server would clear these issues up. Obviously not? I'll keep digging around. Half of the tools I use online say there's nothing suspicious on the site, and half of them throw red flags :confused:

EDIT: I ran a malware scan on my server, it did find one suspicious file that it removed. Hopefully that was it. Other than that I'm not sure where to look - most of the web tools I use including Google say the site is clean.

Avast gives a warning also on the favicon.ico ? Try to replace it/delete to see if that helps. Also I suggest to ask on the Avast forums whats causing this. Would be nice if this can be fixed because I'm really interested in your product :)

Avast gives a warning also on the favicon.ico ? Try to replace it/delete to see if that helps. Also I suggest to ask on the Avast forums whats causing this. Would be nice if this can be fixed because I'm really interested in your product :)
You know what that would actually make sense. I think these issues started around the same time I added the favicon. I've deleted the favicon and I also fired off an email to Avast last night to try and get some information from them regarding their flag. Hope we get this resolved soon!

One more question regarding my travel-related section i want to build: are there any "prefixes" or something universal that can be used across many categories in xenreviews? As I will be using categories such as Europe > France > Paris and under that I need to have a series of subcategories such as Restaurants, Sightseeing, Nightlife, etc. , I need all of these subcategories to be available in all of the destinations, and obviously since they will be the same, i don't want to have to re-create all of these for each single destination.

How would something like this be accomplished with xenreviews?

Interested to see how this project is going, but yeah as as been said above the URL produces this:

NGwaSdm.png

One more question regarding my travel-related section i want to build: are there any "prefixes" or something universal that can be used across many categories in xenreviews? As I will be using categories such as Europe > France > Paris and under that I need to have a series of subcategories such as Restaurants, Sightseeing, Nightlife, etc. , I need all of these subcategories to be available in all of the destinations, and obviously since they will be the same, i don't want to have to re-create all of these for each single destination.

How would something like this be accomplished with xenreviews?
Currently there's nothing that supports this. We have field groups so you would be able to create groups of fields and attach them to all the different categories, but nothing similar for nodes yet. Our plan has been to allow for importing/exporting of nodes so that you can export a set of nodes and share them with someone else or re-import them underneath another parent node. Having an option where you can simply duplicate a set of nodes would not be difficult either. What I'm trying to say is that the project WILL eventually support something like this as it is a requested feature by many of our members, but currently it does not.
Interested to see how this project is going, but yeah as as been said above the URL produces this:

NGwaSdm.png
Thanks for your interest in the project! I've still been trying to figure this out. I have emails sent off to all the providers and I haven't heard back. My datacenter believes it is a false positive and so do I though.

Currently there's nothing that supports this. We have field groups so you would be able to create groups of fields and attach them to all the different categories, but nothing similar for nodes yet. Our plan has been to allow for importing/exporting of nodes so that you can export a set of nodes and share them with someone else or re-import them underneath another parent node. Having an option where you can simply duplicate a set of nodes would not be difficult either. What I'm trying to say is that the project WILL eventually support something like this as it is a requested feature by many of our members, but currently it does not.

Thanks Jeff, I really like xenreviews and looks feature rich, I'm just trying to figure out how I will use it for this case - this field groups thing you mention is the evaluation/rating fields, right?

From what I've told you so far, how would you recommend I go about this?

Thanks Jeff, I really like xenreviews and looks feature rich, I'm just trying to figure out how I will use it for this case - this field groups thing you mention is the evaluation/rating fields, right?

From what I've told you so far, how would you recommend I go about this?
I think you'll like what's coming in the next release which includes the ability to export/import nodes (aka duplicate them) :) It sounds like you already have a good idea on how you want to setup your system (and your setup is possible with our system) it just sounds like you want to avoid the manual work of creating and configuring every child category. That should be solved once you're able to duplicate nodes -- then you just create one setup how you want and clone it as many times as you need.

Hey everyone, Alpha 7 is up over at XenReviews!

This will be the last alpha release we have before beta stages and is also the best build we've had yet! I have very good feelings about this release and the direction of the project. Also I want to make sure everyone here is aware that the price of the software will rise from the current pre-sale value of $75 to $90 once Beta 1 is released (June 15th) for those that may still be considering whether to jump on board the project.

Here is the post from XenReviews
Hey everyone,

Here we are with the last alpha release! This release includes a lot of core improvements, again a huge round of bug fixes, as well as several new features.

We now have discussion threads working, and in order to get these working you will first need to go into the admin panel and edit your nodes to point to a forum. Child categories will inherit the forum from their parent if you don't choose to override the option -- so you only need to set a forum on your parent categories. After you set the forum you're going to need to go and edit your item / save it in order for the discussion to be generated. I'm sorry you have to do it this way I just didn't get time to build a cron entry to do this for you.

We also have many grid improvements and you can see by the way the item layout now looks we're starting to migrate towards the modular layout. You have the ability to edit your pages however I must warn you XRGrid is largely untested so please don't get too experimental with it or you may run into some issues. I would stick to using it only in your Reviews sections for now. Also as of right now you're only able to define one layout for the item view, which means that the index of item, the discussion thread, and the add-review page are all going to have the same widgets. I'm still developing the part that will allow fully unique pages.

There are many other features and fixes included that I can't recollect right now because all these weeks seem to bleed together, but if you've paid attention to the suggestion/bug reports forums that will give you a good idea of what this contains. I'm sure you'll notice the stability and growth of this build that. That's why we're jumping into beta with the next one!

If you haven't done so already please take a look at the roadmap that I posted earlier. It better lays out my plans for the coming weeks!

Well done Jeff on all your hard work over the past 6 months. I'm enjoying playing with this on my test site and looking forward to the beta.
And in good time eventually using this cracker of an add-on live on my forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom