Add-on XenReviews [CrowdFund]

Would you buy this add on?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does it give you any specifics as to why? I'm wondering if it's just keeping it blocked because it noticed it was flagged yesterday. Everything seems to be cleared up on this end though, and the list on Google's webmaster tools that yesterday showed me what URLs container the "malicious content" is now completely blank. I feel it was just an error on Google's end, because I was not able to find anything incriminating and I made no changes. I simply requested Google to execute another review of the site and upon their second review they seemed to have cleared the flag. I hope it was just an error on their part anyway.

No reasons. It's through F-Secure, so it only give me the option to view the page or to go to my home page.

Antivirus software is always behind Google and stopbadware. MAccaffee completely blocks the site. No option to go to it.

Question on how this would work with XenReviews....

Let's say I have multiple categories set up, but some products can naturally belong in a couple areas. Would I be able to list one product in multiple categories so that the reviews are all combined? It would be bad to have to multiple copies of the product, which would result in different reviews and ratings for the same product.

Let's say I have multiple categories set up, but some products can naturally belong in a couple areas. Would I be able to list one product in multiple categories so that the reviews are all combined? It would be bad to have to multiple copies of the product, which would result in different reviews and ratings for the same product.
That's what tags and Categories would cross reference in the structure I attempted to set up in my VB Directory. As the businesses are in sections and sub sections and entire sections can be tagged or multiple catogorised. What one needs is the ability to select multiple categories in a search. This is what I put together and have held off on till I can put it in a software that has a future like xenforo. http://crackercoast.com/crackerchat/content.php/278-business-listings

This is a good suggestion, one that I don't think has been brought up yet either.

The way I approached the project was to duplicate how threads and forums are handled. In doing so I also duplicated the "thread redirect" function (it is now item redirect obviously). So basically this would allow you to have item redirects in multiple categories that all redirect to the same item.

So basically the answer here is yes it would be possible - and the functionality is already there, except kind of in a round-a-bout way. If this is a major feature that people will want I can definitely make it more intuitive though.

Is this the bullet point you're referring to in that post:
  • A review can be in multiple categories/sections.
If it is then I suppose I just provided more details about it.
This is a good suggestion, one that I don't think has been brought up yet either.

The way I approached the project was to duplicate how threads and forums are handled. In doing so I also duplicated the "thread redirect" function (it is now item redirect obviously). So basically this would allow you to have item redirects in multiple categories that all redirect to the same item.

So basically the answer here is yes it would be possible - and the functionality is already there, except kind of in a round-a-bout way. If this is a major feature that people will want I can definitely make it more intuitive though.
Good to hear. I think a lot of people are going to realize they need this. It will come into play for a product review application, a business directory application, and many other applications where a single listing (product, business, etc) needs to be listed in multiple categories, yet have only one set of reviews/ratings stored for that listing. I think the thread redirect function would be a good solution.

Sorry, I hadn't realized you brought it up there. That is not a XenReviews related thread or a thread that I was involved in, so I have never seen that.

Is this the bullet point you're referring to in that post:
  • A review can be in multiple categories/sections.
If it is then I suppose I just provided more details about it.

Good to hear. I think a lot of people are going to realize they need this. It will come into play for a product review application, a business directory application, and many other applications where a single listing (product, business, etc) needs to be listed in multiple categories, yet have only one set of reviews/ratings stored for that listing. I think the thread redirect function would be a good solution.

The redirect I think will be a good solution, I may just make it more intuitive so it doesn't feel like you're moving an item but maybe copying the item instead. I may try to make it so you can 'copy' the redirect to multiple categories at once too.

Will Google maps be implemented for business listings? I do not see it in your original list. Also I think it will be easy to implement.

Will Google maps be implemented for business listings? I do not see it in your original list. Also I think it will be easy to implement.
Absolutely. Widgets just came alive recently and now I'm working on making the basic & appropriate widgets. You'll see the new restaurant categories I created on the demo site, these are location based items so you'll start seeing the location features come alive on them in the next days. Maps will be first :)

A major update of Xenreviews has been released at www.xenreviews.com
Originally this was planned to be Beta 1, but after some discussion @Jeff Berry decided that there were so many new functions in this release that it needed to be titled Alpha 5.
This is also the first release with a fully functional upgrade script so that we can build our database.
This release includes a new drag n drop widget system, a merchant framework for payments / shopping cart and a lot more,
Check it out here: http://xenreviews.com/reviews/

Here is whats planned so for the next release: http://xenreviews.com/threads/todo-next-release.619/
Here is an (incomplete) list of planned features: http://xenreviews.com/forums/features-functionality.4/?prefix_id=9
So there are lots of good things being released, underway and planned.

Both of those bugs have been fixed - sorry, been working on custom fields a lot the past few days. Thanks for reporting them!

Like Alfa said, keep an eye on the project, I think you guys will really like it! Especially the grid framework because it will be functional across all of XenForo, not just inside XenReviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom