XenPorta 2 vs Wordpress 2015

Which is better for a medium sized blog in 2015?

• Total voters

TechGen

Which one would be better for a medium sized blog? Please don't just say Xenporta 2 because this is the xenForo forum as I am planning on using Xenforo for my websites forum anyway but am stuck between what I should use for my blog.

Which one would be better for a medium sized blog? Please don't just say Xenporta 2 because this is the xenForo forum as I am planning on using Xenforo for my websites forum anyway but am stuck between what I should use for my blog.
It's hard to say. Although I use XenForo as of last December I found that Wordpress had many features that worked much easier for me like the way Wordpress upgrades itself to the next version, The easier way to install an addon. Wordpress has a hell of a lot more styles to choose from and styles and skins for whatever niche forum you are operating, Xenforo is somewhat limited. I find XenForo to be much cleaner in the message and posting side. If message base between members is what you are looking for XenForo is for you. If you have a chance, jump over to our site and feel free to look around. If you have any questions you can always send me a private message.

Honestly, its all about what you plan on being the core part of your website. If the core of your website, is a blog; which has a forum on the side, then you should be looking at blogging software. If the core of your website, is a forum; which has a blog on the side, then and only then should you be looking for alternatives in the forum space.

I've never used Xenporta 2 but Wordpress is indeed awesome, easy to use and Google loves it. If there was only an easy way to combine Xenforo with Wordpress you'd have the best of both worlds.

Thanks Anthony for the resource info, do you have this addon? It looks great, is it easy to implement for someone rather new with forums or would I need to hire someone?

Yes, I just purchased it a few days ago, as I was awaiting it to grow with features and stability... and I'm impressed by it, to say the least. Simple, easy to modify widgets and style accordingly to integrate with WP styling.

Top Bottom