Xenforo Articles vs. Wordpress

Sportsoutlaw

I am about to launch a new community. Xenforo will be my forum software, but now that articles are available, I am debating on whether to just load Xenforo in the root and use the article system, or whether I should install Wordpress CMS for creating articles and place xenforo in a /forum folder.

I like the idea of having everything in one platform, my main concern is how well search engines will value articles via wordpress vs. Xenforo.

Thoughts?

JoyFreak

If starting fresh, I’d recommend going with Wordpress. It’s a more complicated setup but it’s not yet clear if the article setup for xenforo will be treated as well by google.
I second this. If I had known earlier on, I would have probably used a Wordpress as a frontend. It has all the features necessary for a CMS that XenForo lacks. I just hated the fact that I would have needed to use two separate softwares.

Hotfix

I started my forum before thinking about this. Have I done a mistake; is it too late to think about having Wordpress on my site? I haven't had the time to publish any articles yet.

drastic

What about the AMS addon?

I'm using that instead of WP and love it.

I know WP is king of publishing, but trying to run a community on there sucks. We're a weird hybrid community/article site tho, so that's just what I liked to do.

Gotta go with what meets YOUR needs.