1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XenPorta 2 vs Wordpress 2015

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by TechGen, May 24, 2015.

Which is better for a medium sized blog in 2015?

1. XenPorta 2

2. Wordpress

1. TechGen

TechGen Member

Which one would be better for a medium sized blog? Please don't just say Xenporta 2 because this is the xenForo forum as I am planning on using Xenforo for my websites forum anyway but am stuck between what I should use for my blog.
  2. whynot

whynot Well-Known Member

It's hard to say which one with that condition.
  3. RichardGaspa

RichardGaspa Active Member

It's hard to say. Although I use XenForo as of last December I found that Wordpress had many features that worked much easier for me like the way Wordpress upgrades itself to the next version, The easier way to install an addon. Wordpress has a hell of a lot more styles to choose from and styles and skins for whatever niche forum you are operating, Xenforo is somewhat limited. I find XenForo to be much cleaner in the message and posting side. If message base between members is what you are looking for XenForo is for you. If you have a chance, jump over to our site and feel free to look around. If you have any questions you can always send me a private message.
  4. Pavle123

Pavle123 Active Member

For forum use XF, for blog use WP, best combination imho.
    Brandon Sheley and DroidOne like this.
  5. Anthony Parsons

Anthony Parsons Well-Known Member

I don't believe anything beats Wordpress for blogging, when you want to compare anything against WP. Futile argument that one.
    Pavle123 likes this.
  6. Jaxel

Jaxel Well-Known Member

Honestly, its all about what you plan on being the core part of your website. If the core of your website, is a blog; which has a forum on the side, then you should be looking at blogging software. If the core of your website, is a forum; which has a blog on the side, then and only then should you be looking for alternatives in the forum space.
    Sadik B and Pavle123 like this.
  7. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Your question "which one is better for a blog"
    Your options

"not a blog"
    "a blog"

I choose the blog
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  8. dethfire

dethfire Well-Known Member

Wordpress is awesome
  9. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

I've never used Xenporta 2 but Wordpress is indeed awesome, easy to use and Google loves it. If there was only an easy way to combine Xenforo with Wordpress you'd have the best of both worlds.
    Anthony Parsons likes this.
  10. Anthony Parsons

11. MQK8

MQK8 Active Member

Thanks Anthony for the resource info, do you have this addon? It looks great, is it easy to implement for someone rather new with forums or would I need to hire someone?
  12. Anthony Parsons

Yes, I just purchased it a few days ago, as I was awaiting it to grow with features and stability... and I'm impressed by it, to say the least. Simple, easy to modify widgets and style accordingly to integrate with WP styling.