Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, when you say "supported".. For me that means regular updates. Now if you look at your premium addons, most have not been updated for 1 year or more. (and will they ever be?) If I pay for something I expect there to be updates other then the initial 1.0 release.

I cant speak for all his premium addons as I just have a few, such as torneo and rio and from my experience overall he's been pretty good. We've actually had several updates for xenrio with suggestions myself and others have made which have been implemented upon next release. I for one will continue to back Jaxel's addons as he's continued to deliver.

As for this release it states this will be ready by Dec of this year, I know ppl want it now to update there sites but I'd rather make sure its really good to go before we get our hands on it, then haphazardly sent out to appease us. Even Chris's xenmediagallery 2.0 update took quite a while before it came out but it was worth the wait. If you don't think he can live up to your expectations dont get it. If you think he can then join us who have. :) just my 2 cents

Now, when you say "supported".. For me that means regular updates. Now if you look at your premium addons, most have not been updated for 1 year or more. (and will they ever be?) If I pay for something I expect there to be updates other then the initial 1.0 release.
What addons are those?

Is a schedule option a part of your plan to Xenporta 2.0?
It will be... but not in the first release. The first release will be just making sure all the features in the current version of XenPorta are rewritten.

Did you have plans to set up a forum for beta testers? Any idea roughly when that might be? e.g. this month, a couple of months, etc?

Helpful much? I didn't realize you were appointed the official spokesperson for Jaxel.

That is the only answer he has given the entire thread about when something will happen. He already said he is taken his time and playing video games as well. That's how I interpreted it. You can feel free to disagree.

Did you have plans to set up a forum for beta testers? Any idea roughly when that might be? e.g. this month, a couple of months, etc?

It would have to be in beta first. So the question can't even be posed until that point as there is absolutely no answer to be had.

It would have to be in beta first.

Why?

I assume at some stage there might be requirement gathering, feature requests, etc. None of that needs working code and in fact might benefit from happening before code is written.

I don't know what approach Jaxel is taking (he might want a fully working version before getting feedback), hence why I asked.

Why?

I assume at some stage there might be requirement gathering, feature requests, etc. None of that needs working code and in fact might benefit from happening before code is written.

I don't know what approach Jaxel is taking (he might want a fully working version before getting feedback), hence why I asked.

You said beta testing which fully implies that the framework has been laid and a functioning alpha is written both of which have not occurred. Giving ETA's out is bad practice, we know everyone wants an ETA but that doesn't mean one should be given out. ETA's are a good way to increase pressure and cause shortcuts. That and any date Jaxel might give you would probably be 90 days past when it might actually be done, what use is such a far off inaccurate date?

Part of the approach to testing was laid out in the crowd fund. Those who will be involved in early testing already know who they are. By the time any public beta testing might occur (if at all) the product should be damn near feature complete as the point of late stage beta testing is to push the project into a release candidate, not add new features.

That and any date Jaxel might give you would probably be 90 days past when it might actually be done,
Damn your an optimistic one.. I dont expect anything this year period.. Hoping that makes me pleasantly surprised when its released December 29th 6 months ahead of my projections.

Damn your an optimistic one.. I dont expect anything this year period.. Hoping that makes me pleasantly surprised when its released December 29th 6 months ahead of my projections.

If its not out by the end of the year its by its own definitions a failure. Pretty sure worst case we will see beta testing before the next version of Xenforo gets announced. I originally say Gold but really thats likely close to the end of the year if not next year. But that is of course an assumption. People get hit by busses, airplanes land on houses. Can't predict everything. Nature aside its up to the developer to get the job done.

Those who will be involved in early testing already know who they are. By the time any public beta testing might occur (if at all) the product should be damn near feature complete as the point of late stage beta testing is to push the project into a release candidate, not add new features.

I was asking about the early beta testing...

If you really want to be pedantic and call it alpha testing or even feature gathering or whatever then fair enough. If that early access involves feature requests, feedback to ideas, etc ( it might well not) then it's not crazy to think a forum might exist before a fully working build is ready, hence my question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom