Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every time I get an email alert for this thread I always hope it's @Jaxel with a certain announcement
Lol... I don't think the beta forum is going to be ready by the end of the month. I'm not going to have a beta build ready yet, and I dont see the need for the forum until I do.

Also:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
What exactly does the video have to do with XenPorta 2.0? I just don't get the feeling you are serious about this add-on at all, which is unfortunate. If I had $4k in my pocket, I'd at least get something to show.
The number is actually over $5G now..
Capture_03252014_155855.webp
And people wonder why i dont expect to see a stable release at all this year..

It has... but I'm taking it slow, to make sure everything is mapped out correctly... and to not burn myself out...

And to have time to play Dark Souls 2.

Lol... I don't think the beta forum is going to be ready by the end of the month. I'm not going to have a beta build ready yet, and I dont see the need for the forum until I do.

Also:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What exactly does the video have to do with XenPorta 2.0? I just don't get the feeling you are serious about this add-on at all, which is unfortunate. If I had $4k in my pocket, I'd at least get something to show.

1, 2 or 5k, I really don't see any point to feel like so superior comming here to make implicit: Im the best. Gimme ur money and I will consider do anything for you when I want to.

I dont see a reason to start a crowdfund when you are so engajed and need so much time to play a game.

I get where people are coming from but it's not like anything is behind schedule or that we somehow bought Jaxel for the next 9 months until this is done. He is allowed a life as well and again, for what we're eventually getting this is ridiculously cheap.

I get where people are coming from but it's not like anything is behind schedule or that we somehow bought Jaxel for the next 9 months until this is done. He is allowed a life as well and again, for what we're eventually getting this is ridiculously cheap.

I wasn't soupposed to being rude. I just don't know why he needs to share his life (or the main reasons he hasn't started yet) on his projects threads.

Last edited:
Ehh im not upset.. I fully expected this project to take several months.. Because i know Jaxel works on his own schedule and thats his business but its not very professional to come on a forum where over 5G's were donated to complete a project and state a freaking video game is holding up progress.. Sorry but i picture a child in their parent basement playing video games.. Its probably not the vision a software add on developer wants a client to have swimming around in their head.

Ehh im not upset.. I fully expected this project to take several months.. Because i know Jaxel works on his own schedule and thats his business but its not very professional to come on a forum where over 5G's were donated to complete a project and state a freaking video game is holding up progress.. Sorry but i picture a child in their parent basement playing video games.. Its probably not the vision a software add on developer wants a client to have swimming around in their head.

Sorry, but you're being overly entitled. He started this crowd fund in January, probably started the development in February and only said that he won't have a beta build ready this month, so will not be creating the forum until it is needed. He also said several months ago that he is going slow with this to not burn out (http://xenforo.com/community/thread...framework-crowd-fund.67343/page-9#post-735290) and that is the intelligent thing to do, otherwise he'll probably end up taking longer due to hitting a creative block.

Sorry, but you're being overly entitled. He started this crowd fund in January, probably started the development in February and only said that he won't have a beta build ready this month, so will not be creating the forum until it is needed. He also said several months ago that he is going slow with this to not burn out (http://xenforo.com/community/thread...framework-crowd-fund.67343/page-9#post-735290) and that is the intelligent thing to do, otherwise he'll probably end up taking longer due to hitting a creative block.
Where do you get im feeling entitled? I have zero expectations of it being available at all this year.. And have stated im ok with that because i know who was developing this in the first place before i contributed.. Being a member here from almost day one and even vB before that i know as i stated before that Jaxel works on nobodys schedule other than his own.. I frankly could care less it will be ready when its ready.. I do maintain that it is in bad taste to publicize you are more interested in a GAME then your professional reputation and business when you are holding on to over 5G's of other peoples money...

Last edited:
Where do you get im feeling entitled? I have zero expectations of it being available at all this year.. And have stated im ok with that because i know who was developing this in the first place before i contributed.. Being a member here from almost day one and even vB before that i know as i stated before that Jaxel works on nobodys schedule other than his own.. I frankly could care less it will be ready when its ready.. I do maintain that it is in bad taste to publicize you are more interested in a GAME then your professional reputation and business when you are holding on to over 5G's of other peoples money...
To be honest with you, I don't mind what Jaxel is doing in his free time and I'm sure his previous answer was a way to say that his work was ongoing as he already told us that he would play DS2 (and now it's done ^^) Of course I may be wrong ^^' but I don't think so.
I also know how hard it is to focus on something that everyone expect without taking breaks. He told us that he planned to start the beta forum at the end of march. In fact, I was expecting it for April because but at the end, as soon as we are able to give ideas in this forum and participate in a way in the devellopement of XenPorta, I'll be happy.

Where did he publicize that he is more interested in the game than his professional reputation? Because he posted a video...? He did say he is taking things slow as to not burn out. If playing a game (and talking about it) means that you're not professional you can include every dev and designer on this site in being unprofessional.

A product being 'delayed' because he is interested in a game he's playing when it has at most only been in development/planning stages for 2 months is quite the over reaction. I agree he shouldn't have posted it here and in the way he did, however he has been upfront about him purposely developing it slow, and that he will be trying to avoid being burned out. It's pretty obvious if you know Jaxel that he will be playing games to relax, as do almost every other designer and developer here.

And you would have to be self-entitled to think that you can dictate how he should or should not spend his downtime, which you are pretty much doing :).

D3 expansion released last night.. All I did all day was level to 70 and find legendary's.. Blew off all aspects of any sort of work. Everyone has a right to some time off. The crowd fund was for him to develop xenPorta.. not code 24/7 and have no life.

Are you two just making stuff up to pass the time.. Your posts dont in any way shape or form represent what i said.. Where did i say he should code 24/7???? please show me???? Where id i say how his down time should be spent??? please show me.. You seriously misinterpret what i typed.. All i said was its expected that some people arnt gonna like the idea that a video game take precedence of a project they funded, esp in the official thread created to solicit the funds it would take to complete such a monumental task.... I Have no such expectations and will reserve my complaining for 2015 and a stable release is still in the wings..

Well the crowdfund deadline has officially expired.. Not a bad pull $5050.00 total, in short order at that.. Impressive.. It just goes to show the community does indeed know, trust and respect Jaxel and his work.. So lets not twist my Comments, Inquiries, and Advice into more then it is.. If your entitled to tell me your playing a video game i'm entitled to express my opinion in response.

@FredC

The crowdfund gave an estimated delivery date of December 2014. This was explicitly stated so we paid based on that sort of delivery date. Receiving anything before that date is a bonus.

However @Jaxel has said in this thread that he's hoping to release it long before that but he's not going to rush so as to make sure he releases a well coded product which does the job effectively and smoothly. Assuming at this pace we get a release candidate by early May and a full release not long after. That's more than fast enough.

His references to the game were an an ongoing joke with me and some users who were teasing him about the clock ticking and the fact that we now own him and he works for us after the crowdfund. He posted the video and the comments about the game as a tongue in cheek response.

It's good to see a dev with a sense of humour and fun. I think you're taking this the wrong way.

Last time im gonna say this... I dont care when it ready, i dont care what Jaxel does in his free time or professional time.. It will be ready when its ready.. Seems people have an issue with the idea i have no expectations of a due date and if a stable release is coming forth this year, Sweet!! I probably wouldn't immediately upgrade anyway.. lol some of the forums i manage are still sitting on early versions of XF. And ill likely be moving away from XF in the near future anyhow so its possible i never see a return on my investment in this product.. So seriously i really dont care..

I have nothing against Jaxel or how he runs HIS business.. This is a discussion forum and all i was doing was participating as a member.. Wont make that mistake again..

I have nothing against Jaxel or how he runs HIS business.. This is a discussion forum and all i was doing was participating as a member.. Wont make that mistake again..

Chill out, I was just poitning out the reason for the video being posted.

And ill likely be moving away from XF in the near future

What to and why? As an XF user myself, I would find the answer interesting.

What to and why? As an XF user myself, I would find the answer interesting.
I need to find a plugin developer for custom work and nobody here is interested in my money so its simple math.. I have money need work done and will take my money where its appreciated..

I need to find a plugin developer for custom work and nobody here is interested in my money so its simple math.. I have money need work done and will take my money where its appreciated..

I have to admit response to requests for custom work is poor to non existent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom