Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Jaxel , Have you heard of writing add-on?

We would have screens, dates, prices etc ...

There is a lack of seriousness ? I didn't contribute, but if I was participated, I would start to ask me questions ...

He stated December 2014 is the deadline, 8 months until you should all start being worried.

As long as he's actually thinking out/road mapping the project, I wouldn't be too worried.

I often come across a programmer/creative block, I put what I'm doing aside and go watch YouTube or play Call of Duty.

Last edited:
@Jaxel I would like to know more of the articles system you are planning. Can you tells us more about it? Is the author block will be part of the first release?

I have to admit response to requests for custom work is poor to non existent
Most of the custom requests I've seen usually lack details or a clear vision, and often do not have a reasonable budget for what they want.

If you can't get a response from the custom request forum, try contacting developers you'd like to work with. Even if they're busy you should be able to get a recommendation on who they think they would take your job or who can do it properly.

Wish I had seen this earlier - I only really bounce onto XF.com when it's time for a new upgrade cycle on WSC. Looking forward to the release so I can drop @Jaxel some more pennies for this upcoming update!

He's working on it, folks. I think we'll see something by the end of April (a screenshot maybe). He's promised to make it ready by December; but I'm sure it won't take that long for the first beta.

I thought crowd funding held the
Money until you received whatever it was that was funded....Kinda like escrow.

Didn't know it paid out right away.

I thought crowd funding held the
Money until you received whatever it was that was funded....Kinda like escrow.

Didn't know it paid out right away.

What would be the point of that?

Crowdfunding is to raise funds to complete a project. What's the point of not getting the money till after the project. Once the product is made and ready for sale there's no point in a crowdfund.

My bad guys- I thought it worked like an escrow where multiple people put in money, then the money is held until the project is complete and both parties satisfied.

With crowd funding, what happens if a project doesn't meet deadline or doesn't happen?

My bad guys- I thought it worked like an escrow where multiple people put in money, then the money is held until the project is complete and both parties satisfied.

With crowd funding, what happens if a project doesn't meet deadline or doesn't happen?

That's why there's a "Risks" section on the crowdfunding websites.

If the project doesn't happen (because the target isn't reached), you get your money back because there is no project, as simple as that =D
Also, I don't know how it works in USA but in France I know you can do something if there is a problem with what you bought (because it's considered as buying something) for example if the dev steal the money

Holy crap guys, we're like 7+ months away from the target date from completion - cool your jets. Everyone that contributed seen in big bold letters "Expected completion date December, could be sooner like April or May.". Relax...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom