Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are ways, there are people that may forfeit for a refund.

But first he needs to come here to apologize. He did something wrong: he took money for a project that he isn't able to deliver. Whatever the reason, he needs to do something about it, and what he is doing (being quiet, not coding, nor reimbursing) isn't what wins you friends NOR future work: people talk, and the talk moves fast.

Writing code is very much a creative process when you are a one man show. So you need to be "in the mood". If you can't get there, you ì'd better leave it aside: there are other, better things, in life.

Totally agree. The funny thing is, proper communication and honestly during this whole scenario would have undoubtedly prevented the uproar.
I feel like users are more or less in dis-belief that someone cant find the moral foundation from within, to atleast give everyone a heads up of the situation, instead we now have a interview from a offsite to dwell over?

Social skills or not... how hard is it to make a simple&HONEST update post here every once in awhile? This is I believe what have led people to new assumptions.
Especially when we are dealing with such a grand amount of invested funds. I would not beable to sleep at night, knowing I had that on my shoulders every day. Hell... no "business" should disregard that feeling of burden until the product is finished when it comes to that amount of investors and investment amount.

Proper business is built off trust, communication, and production. Those that fail at any of those traits, need to stay the hell out of the business world for the sanity of everyone else.

just my .02 but i think folks need to give up on the idea of there ever being another xenportal. it's not coming, it never was coming. and even if in the rarest of circumstances it DID get released, would you REALLY want to use it? you KNOW the support is going to be nonexistent. you KNOW the author doesn't care about you or the product.

xenporta is dead. has been for a long time. and the author of it is unrepentant. so i say we all move on. besides, @Brogan 's portal is pretty much everything xenporta could have been and more, so let's all let jaxel be forgotten to the sands of time...

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree with what's being said.
He won't be releasing a new one, he's took the money, spent it and done nothing more with his porta.
Like many have said, @Brogan 's poral is great, i guess there could be so much more done with it, and it would be good to be part of the bought Xenforo in the future.

Ok, me and my team lost some money. :(

But far worse is, I lost faith in crowdfunding, and maybe never will risk money again in such a suggestion.

We tweaked XenPorta 1.x a lot, and meanwhile it does what we need. My only wish atm is, hopefully it will continue to work with XF2.x

If he has a mental health condition which means he finds it hard to communicate with people, then I sympathise, but if that IS the case, he needs to hire someone, even if it's for an hour a month, to communicate updates to his PAYING customers.
He has to take responsibility for his actions, he took peoples money, hasn't delivered after X months and judging by his responses to that interview, he doesn't really seem at all bothered that he took $5000 from people and hasn't delivered anything.
I don't personally believe he's unable to communicate with people, he posts updates/fixes on several of his products here, he's active on these forums everyday, he posts youtube videos of games he plays, social games, he takes part in interviews.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

If he has a mental health condition which means he finds it hard to communicate with people, then I sympathise, but if that IS the case, he needs to hire someone, even if it's for an hour a month, to communicate updates to his PAYING customers.
He has to take responsibility for his actions, he took peoples money, hasn't delivered after X months and judging by his responses to that interview, he doesn't really seem at all bothered that he took $5000 from people and hasn't delivered anything.
I don't personally believe he's unable to communicate with people, he posts updates/fixes on several of his products here, he's active on these forums everyday, he posts youtube videos of games he plays, social games, he takes part in interviews.
It's all smoke and mirrors.

He explained that stopped replying on here because of the attitude and abuse he got from a few users, who were practically trolling him in this thread.

He explained that stopped replying on here because of the attitude and abuse he got from a few users, who were practically trolling him in this thread.
So he should stop communicating full stop? No, that's not how it should work.
He doesn't have to READ anything in thread, all he has to do, is post updates, given that there are NO updates forthcoming, it makes people assume the worst, which they have every right to, especially now since his interview.

And they had every right to be pissed off. He took $5k for something and did literally nothing. If he would have posted some sort of update instead of replying to this thread with a video of a video game (see this post while saying he hasn't had time to get anything done). That was what pissed people off. Say you ordered something from Amazon, for example, and it hasn't shipped after weeks (When it was supposed to ship that day) and when you ask for a status update they say "Sorry, we haven't had time to package what you ordered and paid for. But check out this video of us playing video games". I'm sure you would be pretty pissed too..

The request for a portal solution seems to be quite strong. I wonder, why no other serious programmer takes the chance, and supplies us with a more flexible and solid solution.

@Jaxel - you've been honest enough in your TAZ interview to explain the situation; could you now please post in this thread to give people an update about XenPorta 2.0 and what your plans are, moving forwards?

Or because UK has been asleep since the thread has turned more personal about his mental health and allegations of using it as a crutch or lies.

The entire staff isn't in the UK and I have been monitoring this thread. I have yet to see any post which directly violates the rules of this community and everything seems to be on topic to what was said in the interview.

Please refrain from instructing the staff on how to moderate this thread, it would be appreciated.

I believe comment was directed directly at somebody other than you Jeremy.

This thread was re-opened mostly to consolidate discussion and in hopes that @Jaxel would post a more specific update/plan, given that he answered the interview questions.

Unfortunately, some of the new posts have been utterly ridiculous and unacceptable and have again resulted in personal attacks, so this thread is done. I would strongly urge @Jaxel to post his plan very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom