Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to say I pledged $100 for this before I even ordered my XF license :)

Looking forward to seeing this developed - should make a much easier and better transition from the vb4 Suite environment where I actually used the CMS/Article system pretty heavily.

While the code is swilling round in your head perhaps you could add an option to allow promoted threads to have an article style OP but to leave the rest of the thread the same. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that I dont like the look of comments as opposed to posts.

This will also mean that lurkers get used to the look of your forum threads (when reading article comments) and become more likely to spend time reading threads and then registering to post in them as well.

Is there any ETA for XenPorta 2.0 or maybe a roadmap?

He already said this...

Haha... with a big addon like this... I run code through my head for about a month, before I start programming it down. Its about a month, because I'm always occupied with something else until then. Even XenRio, which is one of my smallest addons took me about two weeks of "alpha" running code in my head.

But yes, there is no set date. I put Dec 2014 because pozible required me to set a date. This is all explained in the "risks" section of the crowd-fund. I would estimate the date to be more like April or May; but I don't want to guarantee anything.

I would love to have it in April. Since I know it's coming, I have paused my work on my website ^^
Im kind of in the same boat.. I started a new project but am waiting on several custom components and also need to see XP2.0 in action before i can completely visualize my project.. Which is putting a big hamper on my enthusiasm.

I would love to have it in April. Since I know it's coming, I have paused my work on my website ^^
Im kind of in the same boat.. I started a new project but am waiting on several custom components and also need to see XP2.0 in action before i can completely visualize my project.. Which is putting a big hamper on my enthusiasm.

I've done the same thing. I'd rather just do it the once and leave it alone. Upgrade to XF 1.3 + XP 2.0

I would not hold off your own work on my sake...

Easy for you to say

Ehh, it is what it is.. Its like wanting to put a puzzle together but knowing some pieces are missing.. No Biggie. That and yours isn't the only component im waiting on..

I've done the same thing. I'd rather just do it the once and leave it alone. Upgrade to XF 1.3 + XP 2.0

Same for me, Due to the fact I don't know how the block layout will be and how will the blocks look like and more specially the recentNews one, I can't continue ^^' I don't want to make the design again :)

I am just wondering how different will new version be from old one :

In past with major updates we were asked to unistall portal completely and reinstall it again hope this won't happen with new one.

In past with major updates we were asked to unistall portal completely and reinstall it again hope this won't happen with new one.

I'm pretty sure it will be completely different in terms of coding etc.

I think that we can consider XenPorta 2.0 as a new addon so I guess we will have to uninstall the old one

Is the branding fee license per domain or can we use it on more than one of our sites?

Now, when you say "supported".. For me that means regular updates. Now if you look at your premium addons, most have not been updated for 1 year or more. (and will they ever be?) If I pay for something I expect there to be updates other then the initial 1.0 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom