Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS: Trust me folks; now that we're betting our money on XenPorta; KAM will announce an official CMS product in the next few weeks. Just wait and watch.

#It'sAlwaysLikeThat
There are actually several addons I was working on, that got deprecated with XF1.2.

@Jaxel why do you not want to create a simple article system (i mean, with a different route than "thread"...outside of the forum)?

It's now the major limit of Xenporta...

@Jaxel why do you not want to create a simple article system (i mean, with a different route than "thread"...outside of the forum)?

It's now the major limit of Xenporta...

I disagree, I think Jaxel should work on making it easier to make threads look like articles. This way if someone wants an article system they can create an invisble forum and create article threads in there and use the categories to display those threads as articles.

And if others dont want an articles system they can promote threads into articles but have them as stickies in existing forums.

It's the best of both worlds. All that XenPorta needs is an Authors block which combined with the categories block can give the functionality of a basic articles system. This also avoids duplicating content for those of us who create a thread related to the article as the article and thread would be the same page.

Also the ability to sytle each Authors and Categories page individually would work well too.

I disagree, I think Jaxel should work on making it easier to make threads look like articles. This way if someone wants an article system they can create an invisble forum and create article threads in there and use the categories to display those threads as articles.

And if others dont want an articles system they can promote threads into articles but have them as stickies in existing forums.

It's the best of both worlds. All that XenPorta needs is an Authors block which combined with the categories block can give the functionality of a basic articles system. This also avoids duplicating content for those of us who create a thread related to the article as the article and thread would be the same page.

Also the ability to sytle each Authors and Categories page individually would work well too.

I'm not mean an article system...i mean a mini-cms with you can create news/articles in home...

I actually like threads being converted to look like articles; instead of the add-on handling articles on its own. It removes the dependency on add-on and content is created in 'one system'. Let's not bother about the URLs. XenForo does a great job of writing URLs.

What I'd like though would be more control on how the article looks like; ability to schedule the articles (posts).

My dream is to have a site like AVForums...i don't need all the features, just the basic system of AV is fantastic. Categories and articles in the home, comment integration in the forum.

IMHO @Jaxel if you implement this, you can collect more more money.

My dream is to have a site like AVForums...i don't need all the features, just the basic system of AV is fantastic. Categories and articles in the home, comment integration in the forum.

IMHO @Jaxel if you implement this, you can collect more more money.

That can all be achieved with the current XenPorta. All Jaxel has to do is make it easy to style the Portal, article and category pages. I know there are layouts currently but the ability to style specific layouts (EG Portal, Promoted Thread) would allow more advanced flexibility.

I for one would like to be able to adjust the width of the various coloumns. For example making the top left hand column thinner and keep the right hand column the same width so I can center the slider and have sidebar items either side of it.

That can all be achieved with the current XenPorta. All Jaxel has to do is make it easy to style the Portal, article and category pages. I know there are layouts currently but the ability to style specific layouts (EG Portal, Promoted Thread) would allow more advanced flexibility.

No, you can't have a true "liteCMS" in home with the current version. What i mean is to have post outside the forum (like AvForums), not like the current system of Xenporta.

No, you can't have a true "liteCMS" in home with the current version. What i mean is to have post outside the forum (like AvForums), not like the current system of Xenporta.

I understand what you mean. You are looking for a WordPress Lite. XenPorta doesn't fit the bill for that and it would be too much of a move away from it's function if it did go down that route.

I and many others (including probably Jaxel) wouldn't be using it as we want to promote threads into articles as opposed to create stand alone articles.

I and many others (including probably Jaxel) wouldn't be using it as we want to promote threads into articles as opposed to create stand alone articles.

Same here.

I would need a little more formatting-features in the postings (justified text, floating images...), but I think, this isn't
Jaxels job, and should be done with BBCode. I maybe expect some more flexibility with the images. Freedom to use Widget Framework and everything, what makes it look like a cool portal,

I used Wordpress (and vBulletin) for years - and I am just about to leave that ;)

I have a pre-existing XenPorta 1.5 setup with many, many years worth of articles from XenPorta and well before. I would like a dedicated article content type and all the trappings, but it'd have to more or less have feature parity with what we have now and absolutely would have to have an importer from the existing system. I am not manually moving over articles again :p

Well, as I told that before, I'm using XenPorta as a custom CMS to my video games news website and I'm in a hurry to see what @Jaxel is preparing for this rework. Using it for nearly one year now I can say that the actual category system is not the best it could be. It would be nice to be able to link prefixes to categories because this way we could be able to set a prefixes by default in a forum and then the articles would be in the right portal without any action of the admin, modos or whoever (any scheduled option here?). Categories are similar to prefix (if we are able to put more than one) so merge them together is one of my big need.

And an idea for every addons in 2.0, make a category system working across the JaxelAddons (if I have a StreetFighter portal, the RecentMedia would only show the StreetFighter medias). I'm waiting for what you said on Pozible a lot too but these two things are what I really need :p

Would really like for embedded videos in the news post to be Responsive, like how they are in the forum threads. Might be a small thing, but when there's a YouTube video pinned up at the top of the front page, mobile users comment on it often!

We're still $970 short of the $4K target.

@Jaxel - are you holding off till the target is achieved, or has the coding began already?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom