Add-on XenPorta 2.0 Portal & Framework Crowd-Fund!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Would you give the option to publish articles without having actual threads (or hidden threads, but that all users can see the content on the main page and comment on it)?

2. Would you give an option to insert images next to a text?

1. Would you give the option to publish articles without having actual threads (or hidden threads, but that all users can see the content on the main page and comment on it)?

2. Would you give an option to insert images next to a text?
1. You can already do that by making your news forum hidden.
2. You can do that with custom BB codes

I'll wait untill the finished product will be available and supported. Because thats my biggest concern.

@Jaxel

• Is this something you will be working on full time (ie 40+ hours a week)?
  • How will you balance your time between your other XF commitments?
  • How soon after reaching the 4K goal will development start?
  • Are the specs for XenPorta 2.0 complete? Or will you be adding/removing features on the fly?

@Jaxel would this support being able to schedule news items to go live/public at set times and dates? Right now i use this add-on to add that support to porta: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/scheduled-post.2216/
XenPorta right now "sort of" supports this. It doesn't schedule posts, but it can schedule promotions.

@Jaxel

• Are the specs for XenPorta 2.0 complete? Or will you be adding/removing features on the fly?
I cant really give definite answers on any of this.

How long does support last? How much will extended upgrades/support cost?
I havent decided yet.

So, that $70 or $30 Kickstarting could only gain updates for 6 months? Errrrrrrm..... that's not too promising for potential investors.
It would never be that low. I just havent decided if I wanted to do lifetime licenses, or yearly licenses.

I cant really give definite answers on any of this.

@Jaxel Why should people invest then? You dont sound serious about this.

Not trying to be anyone's lawyer here, but why would anyone care if he will be working 40 hours a week on this, or when development will start, or how we will balance things, since he's given an approximate release date?

I just figured out for myself, creating an Articles layout for XenPorta will give you additional route for the articles system. never really got an answer from anybody when I asked for help. the problem is that everybody keeps asking the same questions over and over and it becomes like a broken record. A simple structured FAQ with examples is needed.. not just for XenPorta, but for all of these great addons, XenCarta especially. IMHO of course

everybody should know where to look for XenPorta blocks, you have it in the addon download pkg!

Not trying to be anyone's lawyer here, but why would anyone care if he will be working 40 hours a week on this, or when development will start, or how we will balance things, since he's given an approximate release date?

I am getting it when it becomes available, no brainer!

We are funding this development. I want to be assured that my money is going towards the development of this addon and not subsidizing something else.

Sure, I can appreciate that, I just don't think how this is reassured with anything else other than a release date is all :)

We are funding this development. I want to be assured that my money is going towards the development of this addon and not subsidizing something else.

there is no way to determine that for sure ... if you are truly worried about that, then I suggest that you do not donate. you can just wait like everybody else and see what develops later.

UPDATE: Lets be perfectly clear, I am strong advocate for all 8wayrun addons/ More times than not I have found that problems that I have experienced using them on my system are attributed to my own lack of expertise or did not follow proper procedure. peace

Last edited:
Considering that Jaxel uses most if not all of his add-ons on his own site, I personally don't doubt that the project will get completed... unless of course he abandons his site which will leave me with the larger dilemma of finding another place that covers SoulCalibur so thoroughly. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom