Xenforo & Wordpress Bridge

Deepmartini

Everyone knows the crap forum called BBpress is like the ugly stepchild of Wordpress, left alone and abandoned. SimplePressForum (a Wordpress Plugin) is a good start but doesn't have the "wow" factor but integrates perfectly with Wordpress.

If Xenforo could release a Wordpress plugin that has full integration with Wordpress including all user information and a single login, it would be a POWERHOUSE. Do you know how many Wordpress sites want to add a forum to their site but can't?

Any mods like this coming?

Upvote 46
Hi,

although there are a few Wordpress addon-bridges out there, it seems to me that none of them has (yet) shared theme like other addons i.e. Xenporta 2 or CTA.

I know that Wordpress is extremely good. But I do think that many users actually do not need all the features of Wordpress. I have more the impression, that most XF users want to have the layout of a blog as a frontpage, but the whole "action" shall take place in the XF-Forum and the blog just displays /morrors specific threads on its frontpage.

For me and most likely other users next to this very basic requirement is the shared theme between "the blog" and the XF-Forum. This is the reason why Xeporta 2 and CTA have such a success. They offer both, basic blog functionality with content of XF and no theme work required.

I currently use Joomla as a frontpage. I started with Joomla when Wordpress was not known and really only a basic blog, no CMS as today. And I am sick of upgrading all the time a CMS, fix templates which do never exactly look the same like the XF-Forum theme. My time is wasted by adjusting and fixing things "behind the curtain" as soon as a new version comes out. Either on the CMS side or the forum side. This is not my job as a forum owner. I should use my time with pushing my community traffic and income instead of fixing bugs.

So for me the most important part with an "CMS-addon or bridge" is to save me time by using the content of my forum and using the same template as my forum.

It seems CTA and Xenporta 2 are doeing this already quite good. Xenword will maybe do it in a few years (lacking the tmeplate sharing at the moment) and the other Wordpress bridges seem not be better in this regard. As long as there is no real integration with a Wordpress bridge also with the design/template, it is a no go for me.

The onyl thing that let me hesitate at the moment is, that I am not sure about SEO consequences, if I would only go to CTA / Xenporta 2 route. It seems that Google likes Wordpress. Does Google likes the same way also a Xenporta or CTA front page?

This is very important and the only reason why I would love to have an official Wordpress bridge at all. Best from Xenforo itself to have less bugpotential with the forum and lifetime support.

Very basic as described above but with the same forum template as described above.

Last edited:
My planning goes out at least 3-5 years and preferably 10...my site has been up for 17 years.

I just cannot build something on an add-on which may be here today and gone next year!

Well said. I have no time for experiments. This is why I decided for Xenforo as a forum and pay for it instead of a free phpbb et alii.

Additionally I can not afford to change all my frontpage URLs every 2-3 years because the Blog-addon is not supported anymore...

Top Bottom