Xenforo Domain Name Expired

Its nothing to do with investing the long term future of XF, its a domain name - worth a few dollars a year.

Its not XF's fault if the AutoRenew for some reason didn't autorenew - its not their system, its the company they use.

Whether i'd continue to use said company after something like this is another issue however....
why not just pay for 10 years upfront

why not just pay for 10 years upfront
Yea, seriously. I have all of my important sites' domains registered out to the 2020s. Ten years of renewal fees is less than the cost of one XF license. Why not register it ten years out? The only reason I can think that they wouldn't is if they aren't planning on being here past one year and want to save a few dollars.

As mentioned earlier it probably makes more sense from an accounting point of view.

By the way, I still can't access the site with my mobile internet. No problem however with my normal internet.

By the way, I still can't access the site with my mobile internet. No problem however with my normal internet.
Can you try to access it with someone else's mobile internet with a different mobile internet service provider?
It's fine from my phone.

So how many days will it take to get back to normal . Had to use proxy site to get in here .

Two pieces of advice:

1. Renew your domain several years in advance (as was mentioned, if you can do 10 years, do 10 years), and check it regularly. Don't depend on an auto-renew feature.

2. Don't depend on a host to transfer your domain. You should do your own transfer.

It's been that way for me at home since the domain expired.
Only thing that seems to work.
Thanks for the tip.
Many ISP's don't update DNS immediately, whereas Google does so nearly instantly.

OpenDNS is another option, though Google is much quicker for me.

It's been that way for me at home since the domain expired.
Only thing that seems to work.
Thanks for the tip.
Same results for me... home ISP, corporate WAN, and mobile carrier all point to the Namecheap page yet. Finally got around to switching to Google DNS and now all is working fine.

There are still issues. I got lost packets when I pinged xenforo.com until about 5 minutes ago. I'm finally able to access the forums, again. It was working for me yesterday night. Other people experienced the same issues.

If you're on OS X you can update your DNS with:

Code:
sudo killall -HUP mDNSResponder

With regards to it's expiration - auto-renew has failed on me once as well. Gave me a shock, but came back up as soon as I renewed. Glad I'm not with Godaddy anymore!

Top Bottom