Xenforo Domain Name Expired

Only, it's not going to help if your DNS provider (usually your ISP) still has the old information cached.

Yeah.

If it's a (your own) site move then you can change the ttl to make dns changes picked up quicker by ISPs. I switched over a few last night and most seem to have propagated already :D

Ditto! Successfully transferred ~30 domains from Godaddy to Dynadot yesterday. Got rid of all subscriptions from Godaddy and removed all payment information (Paypal, CC). I don't see an option to delete the account, but I guess that's OK.

I have about 40 domains with GoDaddy and I've never had any real problems with them. So, I'm curious....what are you getting from Dynadot that is better than GoDaddy?

I have about 40 domains with GoDaddy and I've never had any real problems with them. So, I'm curious....what are you getting from Dynadot that is better than GoDaddy?
GoDaddy support is horrible if you ever have an issue with your account (eg you get hacked).

Namecheap isn't much better, but they will put a hold on any transfers.

Just want to remind mobile internet users, if you can't access the site with your mobile internet, try to get a different IP address by doing a reconnect. This worked for me :)

I thought they all had to as a ICANN compliance thing... I could be wrong though.

Personally, I use www.omnis.com... inexpensive, not a spamarific UI like GoDaddy... just the stuff you need and where you need it.
Hmm not unless 1&1 Internet recently changed something. I do know that they added auto-renew within the past year.

All of these rumor about domain ages can be clearly answered by the guy above Matt Cutts who is head of Google Webspam team.

I never rely on Auto-Renew.

I have multiple reminders for all my domains, and make damn sure I renew them manually.

Same as me i never relay on auto-renew always do it manual i get 3 months warning that my domains ends and the last week a few times with one final warning on the day it self.

Top Bottom