Xenforo Domain Name Expired

When you're busy with your eyes on the exciting stuff, it's easy to overlook the little things. Specially when it's a lean operation.
When we changed hosts, our new provider guaranteed they'd arrange for all our domains to get transferred, but one, avforums.tv was overlooked. They got it back for us well after it expired. Easily done. No biggie.

Im pretty sure they will renew it for several years, once they get the mess out of the door. :)

Dang. I missed all the excitement. Access was available at all times and never a blip.

Let me quote this again:

Unfortunately, despite having the auto renew option selected, our domain name expired, which led to to the site being inaccessible for some.​
All is back in order, although there may be a delay for some as the DNS updates.​
Apologies to those who have been affected and with a little luck, not everyone will be affected.​
Ashley​
Nothing to do with unprofessionality, everyone needs to calm down just a little.

1 year? Really? My personal domain is renewed for as far as I can go.
I guess one year works, if the trial is set for next January, maybe they'll have a final decision by then and know if they should invest more into the long-term future of XF.

I guess one year works, if the trial is set for next January, maybe they'll have a final decision by then and know if they should invest more into the long-term future of XF.
Its nothing to do with investing the long term future of XF, its a domain name - worth a few dollars a year.

Its not XF's fault if the AutoRenew for some reason didn't autorenew - its not their system, its the company they use.

Whether i'd continue to use said company after something like this is another issue however....

Also for accounting purposes having it renewed each year is easier than doing it in bulk upfront...

I tried a domain registar outside of the one I use pretty much exclusively about a year ago (no names ...don't ask), the domain name expired with auto renew protection or whatever the hell it was...by the time I was aware of it, the protection period had expired and I hadn't been notified so if I wanted it back, the cost of my 8 dollar domain with nothing on it mind you (no traffic to or from really) got jacked up to almost 300 dollars...in my case no thanks keep it...but for someone who actually needs the domain...well it felt like a racket to me.

On the the other hand I didn't even know the domain was down since i edit my hosts file like it was a religion

Whatever...haters can just hate , it is just not that big of a deal...I am now going to find something to do rather than watch ppl try to be haters about a company's service provider not providing a service to them proper.

(did anyone think that the guys are too busy working on xf to worry about something that was supposedly automated for them?)

Namecheap has been fine with me.
What auto-renewal doesn't work with a credit card on file?
Heart Internet in the UK.

Technically you need a card on the account, but if it expires and you don't update it, they still renew the domain and just charge you when you update the card details.

Either way, the domain doesn't simply drop off the face of the Internet the minute its overdue, most providers do give you a chance to address the oversight before pulling your domain.

Reactions: HWS
Top Bottom