XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to focus our thoughts and efforts on the task at hand at this time. What happens after 2.0 hasn't been decided yet. All I can suggest is you show support to the existing Blogs suggestion thread if you haven't already. What happens post-2.0 will be partially based on what's in that forum.

We're not adding any new products to the product line right now and we are focusing on XF, ES, RM and MG 2.0.
Would be cool if the mobile has a more in your face upload photo or upload video button - and would rock for a live streaming somehow even if its a live stream from fb or other networks within a 1st post of the thread. MG 2.0 would rock then :D

I thought of you guys when I heard Mark Zuckerburg speak the first sentence at the recent Facebook F8 conference.

"So today we're going to do something a little different. We're going to walk through our roadmap for the next 10 years"

So how about a roadmap for the next 10 years guys?? I hear it's all the rage these days with the cool tech companies! ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah wow, on FB we can not only now tell the world about our warts and hangnails but in the future FB we will be able to share this in a virtual and augmented reality. WOOHOO!!!!

I thought of you guys when I heard Mark Zuckerburg speak the first sentence at the recent Facebook F8 conference.

So how about a roadmap for the next 10 years guys?? I hear it's all the rage these days with the cool tech companies! ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I get all the rage is being transparent, however, sometimes excessive amounts of transparency - especially when it comes to strategies - can be a bad thing too.

I get all the rage is being transparent, however, sometimes excessive amounts of transparency - especially when it comes to strategies - can be a bad thing too.

I was just giving the XF staff a hard time with my post as a joke seeing as they get so much flack for revealing very little about anything in advance and not giving any timelines.

While I imagine it can be frustrating for some admins not to know the big picture or timelines, I feel XF's policy regarding revealing information is probably the right one, especially seeing as they're such a small company.

It wasn't a genuine request, just a light hearted jab at their hush hush it'll be ready when it's ready approach :)

It's always a case of damned if you do; damned if you don't. It's only been 2 years since XF2 was announced. XF is on track for major release.

I'm puzzled by the grumblings.

Last edited:
It isn't going to be much longer, I can feel it. Or maybe I'm seeing things that aren't there? Either way, I'm an impatient person, but this year has gone so fast anyway, so...

(Don't try and gather meaning from that, you'll develop a headache).

Liam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom