XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i unwatch this thread, 110 pages about it, and 99% are crying, fortune telling and betting about xenforo from people who are so bored.

Finally remembered my password to the forums lol ... anyways ... looking forward to 2.0 and really hoping it'll be more focused on how the admin wants their community to be instead of how xenforo wants your community to be.

Things I am looking forward to the most this year:
4). Christmas

End of the fourth quarter in 2016

Has that been confirmed?

I can confirm that Christmas is at the end of the fourth quarter of 2016.

Guys, you know how it is: Christmas will be out if its ready, and an announcement will be made if and when there's anything to announce.
No point in hurrying Santa. No one wants to end up with colored eggs under the tree. (BTW: Let's have some Easter Eggs in xF2...)

Too many variables to estimate that reliably at this point. Basically "when it's done".

During the preview we will gather feedback, finish off what needs to be finished and fix any bugs that are found. That could be a quick process or a very long process. Once it has reached a suitable level of stability we will be releasing a downloadable "developer" preview. This will be available to everyone who has an active license, but it will be quite limited. No upgrading to/from it and no importing into it. It may be of interest to people who aren't developers, too, to help with any remaining testing and bug finding.

How long until that point to release very much depends on how long the previous steps take.

Once it has reached a suitable level of stability we will be releasing a downloadable "developer" preview.
There was mention of the official add-ons before (I think on TAZ) but I didn't really ask then, are the add-ons going to be released at a later date? If that isn't some thing that can be commented on I understand but more just wondering how the development of the official add-ons play a role in the final release.

The aim is to launch them simultaneously with XF 2.0, but it's not totally clear yet where they will fit in terms of the testing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom