XenForo 2.0 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Each step of the process is dependent on how the previous one goes. Therefore, it would be very hard for us to suggest when a stable version--or even the beta--version will be released. However, our goal is to begin gathering feedback via the demo installation in autumn 2016.

When is XF 2.0 going to be released? Somewhere I heard June of 2017, but that is in a long time.
It will be released when it's released... odds are most sites won't be able to upgrade to it immediately since most (if not all) styles and add-ons will have to be re-written to comport to the new code.
Is your current site not operational? Are there functions broken?
Or are you one of those that thinks they have to have the latest/greatest immediately (also known as instant gratification)?

Be patient grasshopper, good things comes to he who is patient.

It will be released when it's released... odds are most sites won't be able to upgrade to it immediately since most (if not all) styles and add-ons will have to be re-written to comport to the new code.
Is your current site not operational? Are their functions broken?
My site is operational. Nothing is broken.
Or are you one of those that thinks they have to have the latest/greatest immediately (also known as instant gratification)?
That is me :ROFLMAO:

It's still summer. The first day of fall is September 21.

Depends whether you use the Astronomical or meteorological method.

Astronomical - Autumn starts on Thursday 22nd Sept

But the meteorological date was September 1st :p
That's assuming you live in the northern hemisphere, in the southern hemisphere autumn is in March. :p

So for the southern hemisphere, autumn 2016 has already passed. For those of us who worked this out, we've been enjoying the XenForo 2.0 demo for months now and it's great. ;) :D

That's assuming you live in the northern hemisphere, in the southern hemisphere autumn is in March. :p

So for the southern hemisphere, autumn 2016 has already passed. For those of us who worked this out, we've been enjoying the XenForo 2.0 demo for months now and it's great. ;) :D
Yes, that's the reason why I moved to the Southern hemisphere :LOL: (y) :cool:

I hope that XF2.0 has vector based or high dpi versions of the current smileys (and perhaps some new ones if Shelley is game! :D)

They're by far my favourite smiley pack out of all the smileys I've ever encountered :)

They're consistent, yet diverse, colourful, so incredibly emotive. A+ emotions smacked onto little circles, lets get them in high res! (+ support for emoji too as a backup, as emoji are easier to use when on mobile)

Does anyone have any news or has there been an update yet if the team plans on having an article system with Xenforo 2? Believe it or not it would be a great addition in my opinion.

Also reputation would also be nice.

There are no plans for either.
I know there are no plans for an article system, but I did not yet read anything about an extension of the rating system. Was it stated anywhere that there would not be more rating functions than likes?
With Post Ratings being one of the top XF addons and even Facebook switching towards it, it would surprise me if the XF Team would not have something on the radar for XF2.x

With Post Ratings being one of the top XF addons and even Facebook switching towards it, it would surprise me if the XF Team would not have something on the radar for XF2.x
I share the same thought, likes and the alerts system should have basic improvements done to get it up to today's standards that people have come to expect.

Is your current site not operational? Are there functions broken?

Be patient grasshopper, good things comes to he who is patient.
I highly predict it's going to be much, much faster and more enjoyable for us to update and create new add-ons within XenForo 2.

Also throws the poor guy out of business. He had a great idea, I'd say he deserves the money from it.

I highly predict it's going to be much, much faster and more enjoyable for us to update and create new add-ons within XenForo 2.
Ahh.. but we aren't talking "new"... we are talking existing, which will take a bit longer I'm sure than writing from scratch for "several" of them.

Also throws the poor guy out of business. He had a great idea, I'd say he deserves the money from it.
Unluckily that is the nature of the beast. Just look at Apple and the Jailbreak community. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom