XenForo 1.3 General Discussion & Feedback

Anyone got a list of addons that they disabled as the feature was within XF 1.3?

So far i have disabled :
- Social
- MetaMirror
-[RT] Spoiler

Upgraded to 1.2.5, didn't even create a test site/install or backup files for that matter. God I love this software.
So after the smooth update to 1.2.5 yesterday afternoon I decided to upgrade to the 1.3 beta 3 last night. Took about 15 min from start to finish and that included merging a few templates. Thanks @Mike and @Kier !

not a surprise .. why do we get extra_copyright

To add your own copyright.
A heads-up for anybody else who may have used "xenforo_copyright" in the past to add extra text to that part of the footer area...

In the footer template "{xen:phrase xenforo_copyright}" has been replaced with "{xen:helper copyright} {xen:phrase extra_copyright}" which means your modified "xenforo_copyright" phrase text will no longer appear on the page after the 1.3 update.

You should move your custom text to the "extra_copyright" phrase instead -- take note that it will appear to the right of the XF copyright on the line. If you really have to have something to the left of the XF copyright, then you'll need to do a Template Mod' or modify the footer template. A minor side effect is that your extra_copyright text does not show up in the ACP.

I was being completely sarcastic about my response in the first place.. I know how to add custom phrases and where to place them in templates.. that is so minimal.

I now create custom templates and include them as template mods... makes life so less complicated.

I was being completely sarcastic about my response in the first place.. I know how to add custom phrases and where to place them in templates.. that is so minimal.

I now create custom templates and include them as template mods... makes life so less complicated.
Nobody said otherwise. o_O You were quoted because the phrase was already being discussed and, if anybody else ran into the scenario I described about their custom text no longer displaying (which I encountered with one of my own sites when I realized it), then the reason & solution for it are presented.

we are cool kevin, no malice intended... XenForo rocks!!! 'we are all wanting the same thing' is my perception

I have templates for extended footer area, but it is not my original creation to distribute so I wont do that.
It blows away wanting to simply add your personal copyright. But it is simple enough to do yourself.

Are the same bug fixes in 1.2.5 also fixed in beta3?
Any time an upgrade occurs, it updates the version before. For example, if you didn't upgrade to 1.2.5, and your version was 1.2.0, the 1.3.0 upgrader will upgrade to 1.2.2, 1.2.3, 1.2.4, 1.2.5 then the betas, then the actual update. You don't see it, but it's there, you might also catch the version numbers and "beta" if you stay and watch the upgrade screen..

I'm running 1.3.0 Beta 3 on a live site with 50K users.
Now, if this wasn't XenForo... I'm pretty sure I would be calling everyone trying to do that NUTS :)

You guys rock. Keep up the great work.

Live, 60K users, custom code (that required no updates to work), a heavily modded theme, and 20+ add-ons. Apart from a few cosmetic issues with profile post tags (they don't show up properly in "X liked Y's profile post" news feed entries or @xfrocks' Widget Framework blocks, the latter understandably), everything is working a treat. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom