XenForo 1.2 release

when released, approximately? is it worth buying xenForo now or wait?
If your budget is low I would wait until you have more certainty about the future. If not I would go ahead and get a license for testing or even use, as many medium to big boards have done.

Is it worth buying xenForo now or wait?

As usual, it depends on what you are looking for.
I can say this ... there are alot of medium and larger sized forum players using Xenforo.
If Xenforo LTD goes belly up tomorrow ... Xenforo the forum software will live on for years.
The larger community will find ways to accomplish what we need as a larger group. Be it bug fixes, plugging spam holes or whatever.
In 6 months, we'll know about Xenforo.

If $140 is alot, try phpBB3. phpBB3 to XF is a relatively straightforward conversion. MyBB is probably the best free forum ... but it's conversion to XF seems harder.

I would say this ... the time it takes to get your site going vastly exceeds the cost of the software.

Mobile style. New spam features. And the Resource Manager is intended to be a 1.2 addon. Those are the only new features that were publicly announced.
I was not interested in the mobile style before because I like my customized XFStop mobile theme but if KAM can make a mobile style that makes it easier to post and browse from an iPhone I will be grateful. I lost a lot of my members who used to post strictly from iPhones when I converted over from vBulletin. :(

when released, approximately? is it worth buying xenForo now or wait?
No one knows maybe days, months, years, or maybe never it all depend on the developers and the lawsuit
buying now, will I have to pay for $ 1.2 later?
As far as I know we won't have to pay for it.
If I were you I will have to wait and see, if you really like the current version then buy it, but don't expect any update any soon!

I'd say it really depends.

First and foremost you should evaluate your needs and if XenForo fits those needs as is you should consider buying it. If it doesn't fit your needs right now then you should look elsewhere.

Keep in mind that if you do get XenForo right now there's no guarantee you will get XenForo 1.2 in the future. The outcome of the lawsuit could be against XenForo or the lawsuit could drag on for a longer period of time. The cost of XenForo includes one year of updates, beyond that you'll have to renew your license to receive updates.

We've all been wanting those answers for many months now, but unfortunately there's currently no guarantee we'll ever see a new release of Xenforo. It depends on the status of the lawsuit against them. Everything has been put on hold.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/status-of-lawsuit.39082/

No one knows maybe days, months, years, or maybe never it all depend on the developers and the lawsuit
As far as I know we won't have to pay for it.
If I were you I will have to wait and see, if you really like the current version then buy it, but don't expect any update any soon!

These and other replies are exaggeatedly negative.
No there's no guarantee but there is none with any poducts on the net. Most don't tell you openly if they have problems.

XF has a lawsuit to fight but any reading of what's involved - and there's plenty of info on this board about it - a quick read will tell you the case is a nonsense. The other company IB have done very little indeed except start a case 2 years ago. What they have done is failed and failed again to produce evidence, and failed to produce witnesses.
The Court has finally told them to get on with it or shut up!

Unfortunately IB got the case started in California which has crazy laws that let someone start a court case based on no evidence. IT acts as a bullying exercise. But XF has good legal support and the long wait is almost over.

There's a hearing Nov 5, and if nothing gets decided there the final date is Jan. 15 2013l.
Not that long to wait.

Other posts are right. If $140 is a huge lot pf money for you maybe wait till the new XF comes after the case is done.
But if you can - get XF and try it out because it's fantastic software.

I am confident that xenforo is going to win the case is not about the lawsuit anymore. In the past Kier and Mike contribution into this community made us confident about the future of this software. Now known the fact that Xenforo is going to win is not enough until the question that has been sent get answers from the them. I love this community and the softwere and I am satisfied with current version 1.1.3 because its way better than anything else in the market. In the end of the day we did our job to tell you the truth and is your decision that you have to make.
@Morgain saying the truth about the current situation is not exaggeration

When will be Mobile Style?
Is it responsive or separate style/addon?

There has not been a release date or confirmation announced when and if a responsive/mobile style will be released, I'm sure when the devs feel there is something worth announcing we will see it in the Have you seen area. More waiting is required. :D

Cause I'm confuse.
Whether to purchased responsive addon/style or wait for the official mobile solution.

I'm in the same boat. I am holding back myself but I will most probably end up purchase Arty's responsive add-on soon since I feel my site can benefit from it. I'd suggest purchasing Arty's responsive since it's great value for money for what you are getting. I'll be purchasing it soon when I've finished revamping my site. :)

But this is a choice obviously you need to weigh up yourself.

Top Bottom