XenCentral Feedback System 2

XenCentral Feedback System 2 [Paid] 2.3.5

No permission to buy (€54.99)
Do I upgrade XF from 1.X to 2.x and then upgrade the addon? Or do I uninstall the addon, upgrade XF, and then reinstall the addon?

Not sure if I already asked this, but should I be concerned that this add-on is still in Beta? I'm wanting to give it a try, but if it's very buggy (since it's still in beta), I don't want to risk it.

I'd love to hear from others who are using it.

Not sure if I already asked this, but should I be concerned that this add-on is still in Beta? I'm wanting to give it a try, but if it's very buggy (since it's still in beta), I don't want to risk it.

I'd love to hear from others who are using it.
This add-on alone being delayed in beta is the only reason we never upgraded our XF 1.5 forum to 2.0, and with a year having passed since XF 2.0 was released, I'm not confident this add-on will ever leave beta. I can't have unreliable add-ons on a forum with five active "classifieds" areas that sees over 2,000 visitors online during peak hours. I paid for a theme and other add-ons for 2.0 for the year also, and now those have all been wasted time and money on top of it, not to mention lost time on a 2.0 theme that we can now never put to use.

Now we have XF 2.1 on the horizon, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let our license for this add-on expire and find something else. With this being a paid add-on, I expect some sort of roadmap to get this version up to par and get moving on a 2.1-compatible version. (This was the reason I quit using most free add-ons: the lack of updates.)

Sorry to complain, but it's hard not to be frustrated when an entire forum's forward progress is halted by one add-on.

This add-on alone being delayed in beta is the only reason we never upgraded our XF 1.5 forum to 2.0, and with a year having passed since XF 2.0 was released, I'm not confident this add-on will ever leave beta. I can't have unreliable add-ons on a forum with five active "classifieds" areas that sees over 2,000 visitors online during peak hours. I paid for a theme and other add-ons for 2.0 for the year also, and now those have all been wasted time and money on top of it, not to mention lost time on a 2.0 theme that we can now never put to use.

Now we have XF 2.1 on the horizon, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to let our license for this add-on expire and find something else. With this being a paid add-on, I expect some sort of roadmap to get this version up to par and get moving on a 2.1-compatible version. (This was the reason I quit using most free add-ons: the lack of updates.)

Sorry to complain, but it's hard not to be frustrated when an entire forum's forward progress is halted by one add-on.

I don't blame you one bit.

I find it a bit absurd that I'm supposed to pay for an add-on that is still in Beta and hasn't been updated since July of 2018.

Why would I pay for something that isn't even okay to run on my live forum?

Maybe it's me, but it seems like the developer dropped the ball on this. I really like the idea of this add-on, but when I see a developer that doesn't update an add-on for 6 months at a time (even if they are just minor updates), that tells me that they aren't very serious about continued development of their product.

It also tells me that spending my money on it would likely be a waste, as I'd probably find bugs that would take 6 months or more to address. Such a shame, it clearly has the potential to be a great add-on. Oh well...

XCentral updated XenCentral Feedback System 2 with a new update entry:

XenCentral Feedback System 2.0.0 Release Candidate 1 Released

Hello everyone!

This is the first released candidate release of add-on.

1. View More functionality is implemented for user's feedback profile and profile.
  2. Allow feedback from thread starter options is implemented.

Several style and other corrections are applied.

All customers are recommended to upgrade to this version. The update is available in Customer's Portal https://customers.dnf.technology/clientarea.php

XenForo 2.1 notice We are testing the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Does the upgrading to the release candidate let you import all the member feedback ratings from the XF1 version? I was disappointed to find that the beta version I purchased did not support that core functionality.

@Amin Sabet, yes it does, and beta versions did. If you are importing from another database (not the same as of XenForo 2 upgraded board), you will find import page at Feedback System > Import Data admin.php?feedback/import Here you should select Import System 1.x importer. If you are going to upgrade 1.x installation to 2.x installation on already upgraded XenForo 2 board, this version will automatically allow you to do it after the package is uploaded. If you still need help, open a ticket, and we'll help you. Thank you!

@Amin Sabet, yes it does, and beta versions did. If you are importing from another database (not the same as of XenForo 2 upgraded board), you will find import page at Feedback System > Import Data admin.php?feedback/import Here you should select Import System 1.x importer. If you are going to upgrade 1.x installation to 2.x installation on already upgraded XenForo 2 board, this version will automatically allow you to do it after the package is uploaded. If you still need help, open a ticket, and we'll help you. Thank you!

Thank you, I will wait for the XF2.1 version and then try the import.

I've already opened the ticket,

When I add negative votes this error appears so I can not leave negative votes, I leave it here in case someone knows to tell me the problem.

XCentral updated XenCentral Feedback System 2 with a new update entry:

XenCentral Feedback System 2.0.0 Release Candidate 2

Hello everyone!

In this RC release the following issues are fixed:

1. Legacy code is removed affecting negative feedback submission when notifications are turned on.
  2. If no forums, resource or media categories for deal are selected, Find Thread tool is removed to avoid error when used.
  3. Unused phrases are removed.

All customers are recommended to upgrade to this version. The update is available in Customer's Portal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@andy_mk3 XenForo 2.1 is still beta, that is why we are not releasing the compatible version. As soon as it becomes stable, we'll release compatible version.

Top Bottom