Xen Notices [Deleted]

Chris just curious does this have the ability to show notifications during certain days of the week? (Saturday/Sunday ect). I asked about it awhile back I think
I was ignoring your question until I saw you criticise me for ignoring your question, so here goes:

No :D

If you can't do it in a Notice, trophy, etc. you can't do it in a Notification.

@Chris D I'm receiving Permission denied error when I run upgrade, tried couple of time but same.

Code:
Server Error

unlink(js/tinymce/utils/validate.js): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
  unlink() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 148
  GritterNotifications_Install::deleteAll() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 144
  GritterNotifications_Install::deleteAll() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 114
  GritterNotifications_Install::stepDeleteObsoleteFiles() in GritterNotifications/Install.php at line 26
  GritterNotifications_Install::installer()
  call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 215
  XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 236
  XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/admin.php at line 13

Upgrading from 1.6.2

I recommend deleting the js/tinymce directory manually.

This is no longer needed.

After doing so the upgrade should complete without error.

Hi @Chris D ,

Just got the latest - thanks for the quick update! However, I cant upgrade it because it says it requires 1.3. Do I need the add-on installer to get around this to update it?

Thanks!

I just re-downloaded to double check the code:

upload_2014-4-2_11-37-17.webp

1020070 is the version ID for XenForo 1.2 stable.

Make sure you have downloaded 1.7.1 and have also uploaded all files from it, replacing all existing files. Make sure your FTP client reports that the files, specifically Install.php have uploaded successfully.

I just re-downloaded to double check the code:

View attachment 70865

1020070 is the version ID for XenForo 1.2 stable.

Make sure you have downloaded 1.7.1 and have also uploaded all files from it, replacing all existing files. Make sure your FTP client reports that the files, specifically Install.php have uploaded successfully.
Sorry man - my bad. I uploaded the files to the wrong spot :(. :oops: Its working now thank you!

Chris,

I ran into the same issues as the other guys (error, had to turn off listeners, had to manually delete js/tinymce folder) but now when I try to save an existing notification entry I get an error. This occurs with both the 1.7.0 & 1.7.1 release.

Thoughts?

Code:
Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'edit_date' in 'field list'
[LIST=1]
[*]Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
[*]Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
[*]Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1640
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1609
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1405
[*]XenForo_DataWriter->save() in GritterNotifications/ControllerAdmin/Notification.php at line 129
[*]GritterNotifications_ControllerAdmin_Notification->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
[*]XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
[*]XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/baconfor/public_html/admin.php at line 13
[/LIST]

What version did you update from?

This would probably only happen if the last version you had installed was prior to that column being added... but that was ages ago.

What version did you update from?

This would probably only happen if the last version you had installed was prior to that column being added... but that was ages ago.
The install was, I believe 1.3 -- Wouldn't the installer gracefully handle the upgrade based upon the version numbers?

Yeah, 1.3 is old.

I re-wrote the installer to simplify it on the basis that most people would already be on 1.6.2 and already have all columns.

This is the quick fix:

Code:
ALTER TABLE `xf_notification`  
  ADD COLUMN `edit_date` INT(10) UNSIGNED NOT NULL

Yeah, 1.3 is old.

I re-wrote the installer to simplify it on the basis that most people would already be on 1.6.2 and already have all columns.

This is the quick fix:
For anybody else running into this, you'll also need to add edit_username varchar(50), create_username varchar(50), & create_date int(10).

Thank you I can confirm this.

Consider it fixed in 1.7.2.

Hi Chris,

I also noticed the numbered bullets dont seem to work when using the new editor.
When previewing the numbers and indents were nowhere to be seen.

Thanks,
Denis

Top Bottom