Xen Notices [Deleted]

Sort of.

When a guest closes a notification it sets a cookie. So you could set that cookie to a high number.

The notification will stay closed until that time or until they use a different computer or until they clear their cookies

Would it be possible to show a notification only for certain screen sizes? So if someone visits your site on a mobile device with a width of less 500 pixels, the notification would not appear.

This is really easy with some built in XenForo CSS classes. When editing your notification:

upload_2014-7-19_10-37-32.webp

Select advanced custom style and add the above CSS class.

That will hide when the device width is below 480px. You can, of course, change that responsiveNarrowWidth value in Style Properties if you would prefer it to be 500px.

Or, of course, there's nothing to stop you from assigning your own class that is set to display: none when the media query sees a device below 500 (I am just recommending the default class for simplicity).

You can add more than one CSS class in that field, so you may also want to add some custom CSS to style the notifications accordingly.

Yes, that's possible with CSS too.

For example, each notification has a unique ID so you could do something like this:

Code:
#gritter-item-2 .gritter-item
{
    position: fixed;
    top: 50%;
    left: 50%;
    margin-top: -150px;
    margin-left: -250px;
    width: 500px;
    height: 300px;
}

View attachment 71529

The beauty of this add-on is, is it's so simple. You can create a notification, display it anywhere, with any colour, and text, and loads more options. But the beauty of the add-on also is how powerful it is.

Obviously the powerful stuff (JS, advanced styling etc) requires work and knowledge to get it to where you want it, but it would be worth the effort.
@RAHSTYLES

Any chance to set to show up in one thread only? I see in ACP criteria only for node.
I want to show notice when user open one thread or even better if he start to quick reply in that thread

I've run into user confusion a few times now. In their preferences, users have "restore dismissed notices" and "restore dismissed notifications". Their question is, "what's the difference?". Maybe adding more info to the description phrases will help. I'll try that :) Just a FYI - not sure if these prefs can be combined into one? I know that if I disable notices, it'll disable notifications as well, right?

Notices are notices. Notifications are notifications.

So restoring notices will restore these:

upload_2014-7-29_12-10-42.webp

And restoring Notifications will restore these:

notifications1-png.31588

They're two completely different things so no, they can't be combined into one and no, disabling Notices will not affect Notifications.

Any chance to set to show up in one thread only? I see in ACP criteria only for node.
I want to show notice when user open one thread or even better if he start to quick reply in that thread
That's not possible with XenForo criteria, unfortunately.

Hey @Chris D is it possible to transfer this plugin license as I won't be able to support my site any more?

This is really easy with some built in XenForo CSS classes. When editing your notification:

View attachment 78203

Select advanced custom style and add the above CSS class.

That will hide when the device width is below 480px. You can, of course, change that responsiveNarrowWidth value in Style Properties if you would prefer it to be 500px.

Or, of course, there's nothing to stop you from assigning your own class that is set to display: none when the media query sees a device below 500 (I am just recommending the default class for simplicity).

You can add more than one CSS class in that field, so you may also want to add some custom CSS to style the notifications accordingly.
Hello @Chris D I´m trying to hide notifications in responsiveNarrow and resposiveMedium for mobiles phones and tablets.
I put hiddenResponsiveNarrow hiddenResponsiveMedium in Advanced Custom Style box:
css.webp
But only the notifications hidden in ResponsiveNarrow. I tried with:

Code:
hiddenResponsiveNarrow hiddenResponsiveMedium
Code:
hiddenResponsiveNarrow, hiddenResponsiveMedium
Code:
hiddenResponsiveMedium hiddenResponsiveNarrow
Code:
hiddenResponsiveMedium, hiddenResponsiveNarrow

But only hide in ResponsiveNarrow.
How to add more than one CSS class in that field correctly?

Thanks in advance.

@Chris D maybe you could add an option for Disable on mobile phones in the next update like Widget Framework has.
Would be very helpful.
Well, the difference between Widget Framework and this add-on is it doesn't have the ability to add a CSS class. I refuse to make something a checkbox when it's already simple to start with.

I have just tried:

hiddenResponsiveMedium hiddenResponsiveNarrow

And that works absolutely fine.

Bear in mind that responsiveMedium is still a bit narrow. There's only about 200px difference between responsiveNarrow and responsiveMedium.

It depends a lot on the device too. If I use emulation in Chrome as a Samsung Galaxy Tab:

upload_2014-8-11_11-14-52.webp

Portrait is a width of 600px. The notification is hidden.

If I emulate an iPad, however, which has a portrait width of 768px:

upload_2014-8-11_11-18-39.webp

The notification shows.

But, I would say, that on a wider tablet screen, the notification doesn't exactly get in the way of anything. But if you want to you can change the responsive widths in XenForo style properties or even write your own media queries.

Top Bottom