Xen Notices [Deleted]

Hi @Chris D
i have one problem...ti have no notifications :(
It's compatible with UIX themes of @Audentio ?
Thanks
Antonio
Can you be more specific? Give an example of a notice that you have created that doesn't appear ie what criteria you have set.

Also, have you checked your browser console to see if there are any errors when you are on a page where you are expecting a notification to appear?

Can you be more specific? Give an example of a notice that you have created that doesn't appear ie what criteria you have set.

Also, have you checked your browser console to see if there are any errors when you are on a page where you are expecting a notification to appear?
I have specified no criteria, i have reset notification....but nothing appears

macroforum.org
notifications.webp

It looks like you have some sort of javascript error on your page. That is probably preventing the Notification from displaying.

The error doesn't appear to be generated by my code so it is likely something else you have on the page.

Please try it on a default XenForo style and with all other add-ons disabled.

I have specified no criteria, i have reset notification....but nothing appears

macroforum.org
View attachment 84175
Interesting, I visited your site and could see a notification.

upload_2014-9-17_11-21-54.webp

However, even though I didn't dismiss it, it didn't appear on other pages.

Looking at the error, it is the same one that I reported to @EQnoble for his countdown timer add-on

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-countdown-timer.26724/page-14#post-819946

Despite reporting it several times, I've not had a response. I think it may be abandoned. Are you by any chance using this? If so, you'll have to disable it as it causes problems with Notifications and also Xen Media Gallery.

You also have another error on some pages:

Code:
GET http://www.macroforum.org/styles/quark/images/cta-featured-threads-gradient.png 404 (Not Found)
Looks like you are missing a png from CTA featured threads. You need to copy across the images from that add-on into your style.

View attachment 84177

Looking at the error, it is the same one that I reported to @EQnoble for his countdown timer add-on

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/cta-countdown-timer.26724/page-14#post-819946

Despite reporting it several times, I've not had a response. I think it may be abandoned. Are you by any chance using this? If so, you'll have to disable it as it causes problems with Notifications and also Xen Media Gallery.

Code:
GET http://www.macroforum.org/styles/quark/images/cta-featured-threads-gradient.png 404 (Not Found)
Looks like you are missing a png from CTA featured threads. You need to copy across the images from that add-on into your style.
Yes!!! i disabled @EQnoble countdown timer addon and the notifications works!
Yes, i will upload the missing image for CTA featured threads addon :)

View attachment 84177

Code:
Yes!!! i disabled @EQnoble countdown timer addon and the notifications works!
Yes, i will upload the missing image for CTA featured threads addon :)

My addon is free, this one is paid... reporting a conflict between the two to me (or tagging me on the issue) is going to net you nothing. I am broke and spending money only to spend time to figure something out doesn't help me eat.

I asked chris months ago and didn't get a reply and am not spending money and my time to fix a conflict with someone else's paid addon.

If you want to use both report the problem to chris because even if I could afford to freely spend my time find what is the conflict between the two , I am not even in the position to buy the addon to find out what the problem is.

Thanks

Would it be possible to tweak the {birthdays} variable so that it works in the same way as it does in XenForo 1.4?

Limit auto-complete and birthday lists to active users
Similar to the previous option, username auto-complete and birthday lists are now limited to only showing users that have been active (somewhat) recently. The goal in both cases is to filter out users that are unlikely to be contacted or sought out.

As it stands, this is not option controlled and defaults to users active in the last 180 days.

I had a birthday notification today pop-up for a user who hasn't been active for 202 days. It'd be nice if birthdays for long-gone users didn't pop-up.

I will look into it. The add-on needs to stay compatible with older versions of XenForo, though, so if it can't be done while maintaining compatibility then it might not for a while.

@Chris D

On the FlatAwesome style, the notifications appear underneath the footer bar...

Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 17.11.32.webp

I'm not sure if the issue if with Notifications or with FlatAwesome...

It could be either but I think it's sightly more to do with Flat Awesome as no one has ever reported this before.

Are features still be considered for this? If so, I would like to see an option where the notification shows only after x pageviews.

Top Bottom