Xen Notices [Deleted]

They show like in the screenshots:

notifications1-png.31588

How exactly are the notifications shown as? Is there an option wether you can have them up like notices or do they just show as like a pop up sidebar?

If memory recalls you have the option to have them displayed in the top right > top left >bottom right and bottom left area of the forum.

I'm sure with some additional css you can have them displayed like notices if your fluent with css. I'm sure I did an example of it sitting in the middle spanning across the bottom but I suspect having it sit correctly at the top could prove a little more difficult to accomplish. http://xenforo.com/community/threads/notifications-paid.33906/page-38#post-481030

Hey @Chris D ,
I just bought your AddOn via PayPal. I wonder how updates will be delivered? To my PayPal e-Mail adress?
And for how long are updates and support validate on purchase?
Best regards.

You can put as many class names as you like in the notification settings, e.g. if you add:

class1 class2 class3

then (just a vague example) the notification will look like:

HTML:
<div id="notification-1" class="class1 class2 class3"></div>

You can use GritterEXTRA.css to define those styles however you wish and as many as you wish.

Chris I have a question regarding this add-on, although I did not get it yet, I am planning to.

Is there a way to have this set up as a 'notice'? Or being able to move the notifications around. Is that possible?

What do you mean by "have this set up as a notice"?

Notifications can't be moved around the screen, no.

Actually yes. Ignore my previous post. There's a code example in this thread somewhere. You can adjust the position using CSS and the size too.

I thought you were asking about physically being able to drag and drop and move notifications around.

Actually yes. Ignore my previous post. There's a code example in this thread somewhere. You can adjust the position using CSS and the size too.

I thought you were asking about physically being able to drag and drop and move notifications around.
No no, sorry if that's what you thought.
Thank you though.

This addon looks really interesting. At the moment I use the built in XF notices system which allows a note slider, for example. What is the advantage of notifications compared to the built in notes system?

They are very similar in the way they are managed, notifications do not replace the notices system so you can still use both and the main difference is they are clearly visually different.

This addon looks really interesting. At the moment I use the built in XF notices system which allows a note slider, for example. What is the advantage of notifications compared to the built in notes system?

Notifications from a design perspective is easier and less time consuming to customize. I personally found it significantly more pleasant to work with then the built in notices system. Chances are, anything that can be done in xenforo notices can be achieved by notifications in a fraction of the time.

With regards to the slider comment, Multiple notices on the same page can be stacked on each other if that is something you can live with over the scrolling notices.

Top Bottom