Xen Notices [Deleted]

The problem is the number of very simple 'this is how this works' type items that need to be conveyed to users is huge. Just for the basic functions of XenForo there are probably close to 50-100.

My industry has a very high number of non-tech savvy members, so anything I can do to simplify function, eliminate unnecessary clutter, or minimize confusion increases the user experience. Turns out this has actually been a strong web design trend for a long time now; hiding or removing more advanced features so members get the hang of the basics first. Twitter really dominates this ideology, and I believe it really is something to strive for :)

How is it possible to view the message right over the content of threads, no matter what display resolution you have?
So guest must click away the message to read the content.

You can assign a CSS class to notifications and then you would write some CSS to change the positioning, size etc.

No, sorry. I'm no CSS expert. I know what is possible with CSS but how to do most of it I would just have to look at tutorials.

Hello

some of my members complaining there is no X to close the notification and some have no problem. is this issue related to Browser version or Java version or Flash version?

It doesn't use Flash.

I haven't seen any one report anything similar. I don't know what would cause this. Have you modified any templates? Is it a specific Notification?

I didnt modify any templates, But I am using this add-on for advertisements ( flash banners, image banners, 3rd party scripts banners ) , I never had any issue before but only with one advertiser I am having this issue.

ok, how I can stop the notification from showing on the messages (posts) page?

How to replace the close button on the notices with Font Awesome

Extra.css
PHP:
.gritter-close {
background: none !important;
    right: 0;
}
.gritter-close:before {
    content: "\f057";
    display: inline-block;
    font-family: FontAwesome;
    font-style: normal;
    font-weight: normal;
    font-size: 22pt;
    color: @primaryLight;
}

Special thanks to @Steve F who supplies the base of this when I asked about removing the close image from the members card. From there I simply extrapolated what I had learned and applied it to this.

Source: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ome-on-close-image-on-the-members-card.75307/

Bear in mind that Notifications simply uses the criteria that is built into XenForo for creating Notices, Trophies etc.

There may be an add-on that already exists that provides that criteria (which would make it automatically available to Notifications) or you may be able to pay a developer to add that functionality to XenForo (which again would make it automatically available to Notifications).

Interesting, I've just checked the ACP and Notifications shows the 'correct' default timezone there, as does Notices

View attachment 72676

As you can see from my previous screenshot, the default timezone always shows (UTC-11:00) American Samoa when using Notifications from the front end (Moderator bar in this instance).

Ok. It's a bug in that template, then.
Did you find a solution to this? Or is there an edit I can do for the time being to sort this?

In a future update, would it be possible to have some of the general notification options set to something else by default (e.g. an option in the ACP Options to configure these)? For instance, I always set the following for all of my notifications:
  • make them 'sticky'
  • Set 'Time to hide notification when close' to 1
  • Select 'Advanced Notification Style' and set a specific custom css class that I have created
The reason I am suggesting this is that I have other moderators who use the notifications but they don't always remember to set these options.

Also in the future, would it be possible to change how the notifications list in the Notification Centre is displayed? I'm assuming that it is displayed with the notifications in full so that admins who allow users to view the Notification Centre can see them in one place. I was going to suggest that a similar more compact view similar to the ACP but I guess you'll want it to remain as it is. However, I think the following would be helpful:
  • Pagination (I don't think there is any? If there is, it's greater than 14 notices which I currently have and being configurable would be nice)
  • Horizontal lines between the notifications to make each one a bit clearer
  • Hiding of the Edit/Delete link for Notifications where the user doesn't have editing/deleting permissions
  • New Notifications to appear at the top of the Notification Centre rather than the bottom (which would work nicely with pagination)
I hope you will consider these suggestions in the future. :)

Top Bottom