1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 WP import possible ?

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by ExpertPixels.com, Aug 12, 2013.

1. ExpertPixels.com

ExpertPixels.com Well-Known Member

Hey all,

I have a clients site i am working on.. now i am needing to blend a WP and XF style to make their project appear as unified as possible.. now i was wondering if it would be possible to import their WP data (Mainly just posts and images within their posts).. and then configure a full XF site that i could configure the xenPorta addon to function as a portal / article type system for all their current posts articles ?

Thanks in advance for any assistance on this matter.

Regards, Darren
  2. JulianD

JulianD Well-Known Member

You can do a double import WP > VB > XF but I think that doesn't import images. For images you'd need a custom importer.
  3. ExpertPixels.com

Hmmm TY... appreciate your input / help on this one.

I think ive found a better solution actually as my client wants to keep WP in place.. ive just worked out a better method to keep the site unified to the point it's hard to tell they are 2 different platforms running.

Regards, Darren
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

5. ExpertPixels.com

TY @Jake Bunce .. Will keep note of that for future reference but for the current job i am doing i am going to use a different path.. I realized that your good self was able to provide a fix for the kotomi script in which it broke after xf 1.2 my client really wants to retain WP and is more worried about the site being unified so i am not going to worry about for this project and play around with Kotomi.. but the thread you have referred to above will come in handy i am sure for future references. Thanks again Jake.

Regards, Darren