XF 2.2 is it possible to tweak the importer scripts

Ichirou

Is it possible to tweak the importer php scripts? We have IPS 4.7 and I would really like to have the importer also import our gallery and Downloads( Too Large to do manually). I know the default php importer does not support it by default due to XFRM and XFMG being addons, but if I was to tweak it to add the sections needed would it work with the corresponding xenforo sections and data? I took a look and it seems to be a simple database conversion type php script, lining up database tables and data which can easily be tweaked to add more to it. Has anyone tried this or have another method they would suggest. I do have php coding knowledge and it is an easy task for me, if there is no hidden stops outside the calling of the IPS4 importer php that controls the steps in the importer folder files. I did read that more steps may be required for importing then the basic tutorial on the site for it, so I am hoping it is possible.

It's possible but it would require a bit more than a tweak.
Thanks. Yeah I said tweak but it would require a lot more as I would have to match stuff in each database properly. I was just wondering if it was possible did not want to waste my time re-writing the php scripts if there was a lock somewhere deep in the code to prevent it. IPS never let you re-write the code for their stuff.

There are no limitations with regards to that.

You can modify the code directly if you wish, or write an add-on.

Note that if you modify the php files, there will be warnings in the ACP, but they can be ignored.

There are no limitations with regards to that.

You can modify the code directly if you wish, or write an add-on.

Note that if you modify the php files, there will be warnings in the ACP, but they can be ignored.
Thanks that is one reason we chose Xenforo much more open source and thanks for the acp warning heads up.
You should be able to if you are skilled in coding as there are some 3rd party importation providers (paid) that can do so already.
I saw that there were a few places like that thanks if all esee fails might be worth it in the long run.

another question though a bit off topic is there a place that has all the API code for XFRM and XFMG i saw the api page but a lot of it dealing with files and stuff is incomplete so i can also make a app uploader and downloader for my site?

Thanks. Yeah I said tweak but it would require a lot more as I would have to match stuff in each database properly. I was just wondering if it was possible did not want to waste my time re-writing the php scripts if there was a lock somewhere deep in the code to prevent it. IPS never let you re-write the code for their stuff.

Not so. Nothing has stopped me from modifying their stuff.

Top Bottom