• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

xfrocks,

a smal error we have with german vokals. if a user has ä , ü, ß , or ö in his name it will shown in wordpress as a, u, or o.

sample my name is " Jörg" . If i log in with this name worpress says " you are loged in as " Jorg" .

can you fix this error in the future?

and a another question. can i connect only one xenforo board with the wordpress? or can i connect more forums with the wordpress. sample forum 1, forum 2, forum 3 ->and one wordpress?

xfrocks,

a smal error we have with german vokals. if a user has ä , ü, ß , or ö in his name it will shown in wordpress as a, u, or o.

sample my name is " Jörg" . If i log in with this name worpress says " you are loged in as " Jorg" .

can you fix this error in the future?

and a another question. can i connect only one xenforo board with the wordpress? or can i connect more forums with the wordpress. sample forum 1, forum 2, forum 3 ->and one wordpress?
I looked into that once but it appears like WordPress "clean" the username before creating user. I will see if there is any way to go around this but it's not priority :)

So what happens to all my existing articles and the users who wrote them on my WordPress install?
Your articles are there with the old username attached to it (both articles and comments) but if there is no such user with that username in XenForo, you won't be able to login that user. If you have a user with that username in XenForo, you can login to that just fine.

Your articles are there with the old username attached to it (both articles and comments) but if there is no such user with that username in XenForo, you won't be able to login that user. If you have a user with that username in XenForo, you can login to that just fine.

Is the username, the wordpress username or the wordpress publishing alias used? :\

I've done some investigating.

If anyone wants to use WordPress as a "Home Page", it will require template edits.

(1) www.site.com - should land on the Home "Page", not the forums.

1. You can achieve that with an .htaccess redirect

(2) I want the Home Tab selected when I go to www.site.com
2. That will require template/code edits as the home page tab is not designed to be displayed as an active tab in the current configuration.

(3) I want my page (or Wordpress) displayed under the Home Tab.
3. That will require template/code edits as the home page tab is not designed to be displayed as an active tab in the current configuration.
Essentially the Home Tab, isn't a Tab.

This thread is a great example of why the world needs wiki like forums, not just regular posts.
Nah, you just need a mod to gravitate to these types of successful threads and go page by page finding all the most important questions/answer sets and editing the first post with all of that juicy info.
Its a little bit of work, but its what mods are supposed to do imo, and ive already seen a mod do that really well here on a few other threads.

Digital Doctor said:
This thread is a great example of why the world needs wiki like forums, not just regular posts.​
Nah, you just need a mod to gravitate to these types of successful threads and go page by page finding all the most important questions/answer sets and editing the first post with all of that juicy info.
Its a little bit of work, but its what mods are supposed to do imo, and ive already seen a mod do that really well here on a few other threads.
A little ? Try going to xbmc.com and you'll see your method (1) is impossible and (2) just adds senseless work. Mods aren't cut and paste slaves. Use them to improve your site, not to make up for badly designed tools. Forums are great for chit chat, but are not the be all and end all for a group of people trying to solve problems or accomplish something. Think forward !

Just wanted to post I've made some progress on extracting the color pic information from the XF database on the wordpress side. I'm about half done skinning wordpress to the XF default skin and hoping to have a working example done either later on today or tomorrow. I'll share it for sure when I get it done :) It won't be polished right away but it will be usable.

So of course I had planned to work on this today, but one of my clients had a water main break, in the room next door to their server room. I'm going to be a bit busy today :D I'll get to this real soon though.

Top Bottom