• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

i have installed the update. after the installation wordpress says : Das Plugin hat keinen validen Header. Installation failed :(

I downloaded the update. This let me back into WP. I set the path to absolute, and put in the globalSalt as instructed, hit apply, and it's back to where it was. I can't get into wp-admin, and login/register links take me to xenforo.

wp-admin redirects back to the home page.

I've tried re-copying over the update but no change.

Thoughts?

Which method of globalSalt did you use?

Which method of globalSalt did you use?

I just put in what was found in the file instructed in WP-Admin. But, this is acting the same as before the globalSalt update so I don't know that it's that. I'm on WP 3.0.1 - could that be it?

I just put in what was found in the file instructed in WP-Admin. But, this is acting the same as before the globalSalt update so I don't know that it's that. I'm on WP 3.0.1 - could that be it?

That's strange :D Have you tried the second method?

Since wordpress 3 also includes MU configuration, does this work with it?

Tested and worked fine with MU network. You just have to configure XenForo path/globalSalt for EVERY sites. And I have just tested for subdirectory installation but subdomain should work also :)

I can't get into wp-admin to do that.

Ok, renamed xenforo to xenforo2, this let me in wp-admin. Deleted the plugin (though didn't show as deleted). Deleted xenforo2 dir, shows as deleted.

All is back to normal.

I'd like to get this to work, is it because I'm on 3.0.1 do you think? The update to 3.0.1 busted a couple different things for me ... :(

Ok, renamed xenforo to xenforo2, this let me in wp-admin. Deleted the plugin (though didn't show as deleted). Deleted xenforo2 dir, shows as deleted.

All is back to normal.

I'd like to get this to work, is it because I'm on 3.0.1 do you think? The update to 3.0.1 busted a couple different things for me ... :(
I'm running 3.0.1 over here :(

Ahh looks like my question got lost in the install conversation.

Does this mod make xenforo handle comments in wordpress or is it membersharing

Does this mod make xenforo handle comments in wordpress or is it member sharing
Member Sharing.
The comments are in Wordpress, but the Wordpress login comes from Xenforo.
This bridge simply recognize logged users from XenForo and allow them to post/comment in WordPress (permission configurable by mapping usergroups between the 2 systems).

Can't wait until the bugs are worked out. If trophies and alerts can be used for the wordpress comments and be included in message count/search, that would be epic.

if you are stuck in a loop where you can't login into /wp-admin you have to edit the row in the wp user table that has your original admin user. the name and email can't conflict with your xen name/email.

if you are stuck in a loop where you can't login into /wp-admin you have to edit the row in the wp user table that has your original admin user. the name and email can't conflict with your xen name/email.

Can you explain this better ?

Does anyone have a xenForo / Wordpress Site up and running ?

Top Bottom