• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

I hate to be a nudge, but may I please have an answer to my question if you have the answer?

your path is ../forum
or to be sure (because it depends with your server) use an absolute URI.
navigate to xF installation directory (to where you see index.php) select that whole path from the ftp bar copy, go back to WP admin and paste your path.
it should look like this /home/you/blah/me/yoursite/forum/

I've installed this mod as described. When I try to go to my wp-admin page in WP, I'm just redirected back to the home page. I don't see any integration in the comment system - but the "register" and "log in" links redirect to the login/register page on xenforo.

Any ideas? I set my relative path to /forum

your path is ../forum
navigate to xF installation directory (to where you see index.php) select that whole path from the ftp bar copy, go back to WP admin and paste your path.
Thank you.

xfrocks, xf_user cookie authentication currently doesn't work. I would like to know if there was any intention to disable that or it is just a bug? (if ($gotsession AND !empty($userinfo)) condition doesn't allow xf_user authentication to complete as $gotsession is false in this case).

Hmm. Which line did you mention? This one?

PHP:
if ($gotsession == false OR empty($userinfo) AND $usercookie) {

Maybe the whole relative path thing is too complicated :( Absolute path is easier to understand, right?

Your path depends where you installed xF and WP.

As I mentioned above, navigate to your xF directory using FTP and proceed as I described

Well, I can't get into wp-admin, I'm being redirected to the root/homepage.

Course I'm in ssh, if you just know the file to edit..

And one more thing about cookies: it seems that globalSalt is unique for every license, so in order to get cookie auth working you should replace globalSalt value in bridge's class_core.php with the value from XenForo's library/XenForo/Application.php

No not wp-admin. leave that alone,
Do you have phpmyadmin installed?

Oh sorry, thought you were talking about this:

your path is ../forum

I do have phpmyadmin installed, yes. 'tis working fine.. except having some weird cookie issues getting logged in. But I'm in.

Edit: But, seeings how the login/register are redirecting to the xenforo login/register pages, surely the path is set right?

Edit 2: I'm okay with just uninstalling it until some of the kinks being discussed here are sorted, too. If I can just get back into wp-admin I should be able to do that.

Thanks Floris. But then what? I am a complete and total WP noob. I'm actually not even sure whether it is for blogs or CMS (or both). How would I go about setting it up to do one (or both) of these functions?
Dankjewel :)

Entropia I've just started using Wordpress and it's a very good admin backend.
To answer your question WP is both a blog, and it can be a cms.
You can make a cms because WP has Posts which build a blog, and then there are WP Pages as well.

Basically the navigation for Pages is better using XF Pages (until the WP Page sidebar is integrated into the XF system as part of this bridge or another mod);
but the editing system on WP is much better with a superb WYSWYG editor on WP Pages plus option to edit in HTML.

So as not to clog this thread with Wordpress stuff going beyond installing the mod I have created another thread about WP and XF Pages pros and cons, with a way to make workaround XF blog.
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/xf-wordpress-with-bridge-cms-workaround.5513/

Please take any discussion on actually using the features of Wordpress with XF there, so this thread can take care of installation and configuration of the bridge.

And one more thing about cookies: it seems that globalSalt is unique for every license, so in order to get cookie auth working you should replace globalSalt value in bridge's class_core.php with the value from XenForo's library/XenForo/Application.php
You are absolutely correct, sir. I thought that salt was global!
Anyway, the plugin is updated now, give it a try? :D

I downloaded the update. This let me back into WP. I set the path to absolute, and put in the globalSalt as instructed, hit apply, and it's back to where it was. I can't get into wp-admin, and login/register links take me to xenforo.

wp-admin redirects back to the home page.

I've tried re-copying over the update but no change.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom