• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

WordPress 3 Bridge

if you are stuck in a loop where you can't login into /wp-admin you have to edit the row in the wp user table that has your original admin user. the name and email can't conflict with your xen name/email.

Excellent, I'll try this out tomorrow.

edit: will this be a problem for regular users using the same name/email as well?

Ahh looks like my question got lost in the install conversation.

Does this mod make xenforo handle comments in wordpress or is it membersharing
It's member sharing :D

This thread is a great example of why the world needs wiki like forums, not just regular posts.
I completely agree. Had to move to conversation with some folks here already

if you are stuck in a loop where you can't login into /wp-admin you have to edit the row in the wp user table that has your original admin user. the name and email can't conflict with your xen name/email.
Aggg, that makes sense! Since WordPress won't let 2 accounts share the same email. I will "catch" this error...

Excellent, I'll try this out tomorrow.

edit: will this be a problem for regular users using the same name/email as well?
I'm thinking. Maybe if there's WordPress user with same email but different username, I will change email of that one. Any ideas? :D

I updated new version which now allow duplicated email users login :D

I'm thinking. Maybe if there's WordPress user with same email but different username, I will change email of that one. Any ideas? :D

I updated new version which now allow duplicated email users login :D

Great. Will try in a bit hopefully - swamped today. For the record though - my usernames are different in xenforo and wordpress, but the email is the same.

Looking forward to using this (or a similar mod), as we really love the combo of WP as frontpage/blog and XF for the forum, we're using WP as a component in Joomla for our front page now, with vB 3.8.6 as the forums.

What I'd really love to see is XF used as the comment engine... I.E. Any comments are put in a thread in XF, so that you get involvement from the forum members commenting on a thread that's linked to the WP entry. Gives the blog post more visibility in the forums, and gets thus gets more comments on the blog which is good for guest engagement.

Search integration is another issue that would be good to see.

Awesome to see this moving so quickly so fast! Gratz to xfrocks!

Maybe all the folks that are interested in using this should get together and draw up a list of features we want, then see if we could pool resources and make it worth xfrock's and or Jerry or anyone else that's working on WP integration?

Just think that pooling the effort and/or resources is likely to lead to a better total product than if there end up being multiple WP/XF bridges?

Agree. I would rather pay to get top notch product than to have something kinda work but lacking in features.

Features request
Single login (would be nice to use the XF login box for WP)
Role mapping. Ideally, if I map some XF users to be Author in WP, they would access their profile through WP ACP.
Avatar sharing between WP and XF

Agree. I would rather pay to get top notch product than to have something kinda work but lacking in features.

Features request
Role mapping. Ideally, if I map some XF users to be Author in WP, they would access their profile through WP ACP.

second this feature request

yes works great.
Thank you :D

Looking forward to using this (or a similar mod), as we really love the combo of WP as frontpage/blog and XF for the forum, we're using WP as a component in Joomla for our front page now, with vB 3.8.6 as the forums.

What I'd really love to see is XF used as the comment engine... I.E. Any comments are put in a thread in XF, so that you get involvement from the forum members commenting on a thread that's linked to the WP entry. Gives the blog post more visibility in the forums, and gets thus gets more comments on the blog which is good for guest engagement.

Search integration is another issue that would be good to see.

Awesome to see this moving so quickly so fast! Gratz to xfrocks!

Maybe all the folks that are interested in using this should get together and draw up a list of features we want, then see if we could pool resources and make it worth xfrock's and or Jerry or anyone else that's working on WP integration?

Just think that pooling the effort and/or resources is likely to lead to a better total product than if there end up being multiple WP/XF bridges?
Yeah, it looks like many people wants to use WordPress with XenForo. I will try to pull as much as I can. If anyone has interest in this problem and have more knowledge in this than me, contact meeee :D

Features request
Currently, this bridge support single login. Am I missing anything?
Role mapping is also supported. You can map at usergroup level but not user level
Avatar sharing... that sounds not too complicated :)

What will this do for/to already existing users who have the same username/pass in both systems as it is?

Installed - I've tested with my account across the three, everything looks good! I've asked my users to test.

Thanks for the great plugin - appreciate it and look foward to future releases/features.

Side note - I did indeed figure out the loop problem. (Which I think you explained but now I saw it in action and understand better). It was because I had a different username on XF than WP, therefore when I tried to go to WP it considered me a subscriber. So, I just created an admin account in WP to match that of XF before activating, and things went off without a hitch.

Works great, got it going on the first try. My only concern is this. When I click on the users link in Wordpress it takes me to the Xenforo User page, which for 99% of the situation is fine as the automapped groups will work perfect. Where it won't work though is in the case where I have a specific user that needs a different role on the wordpress side. Is there any functionality in there for that?

Thanks for the hard work on this, loving it so far!

Works great, got it going on the first try. My only concern is this. When I click on the users link in Wordpress it takes me to the Xenforo User page, which for 99% of the situation is fine as the automapped groups will work perfect. Where it won't work though is in the case where I have a specific user that needs a different role on the wordpress side. Is there any functionality in there for that?

Thanks for the hard work on this, loving it so far!
Thank you :)
You can't map on user level now :( But you can workaround that by create new user group in XenForo and map that user group instead :D

Ideas from another Wordpress thread:

I has develop a own bridge used for vB3.8.x/WP. It is hardcoded ... :oops:
After release xF(stable) and finished core so I hope to rebuilt as plugin/addon xF/WP. Of course under GPL :)

Some additional tweaks, though not necessary (would be cool though)
1. Use of XF avatar in WP comment posts
2. Add a method to have comments and articles made in WP posted to "Recent Activities".

Just a tip to wordpress users who will also install xenforo, you can make a new page in xenforo, and put the wordpress page content on it. :)

Will there be a good way to integrate WP and XF visually? Almost certainly. Since XF is so CSS based for layout, we plan on simply using a fully semantic and VERY simple WP theme like sandbox. Then just modify sandbox to use the same exact CSS classes etc as XF and tell WordPress to use the XF CSS stylesheet. POOF they will look and feel nearly identical, and when you change one you change the other. :)

Tigratrus: Now that sounds great. Does anyone know if this will work ?

Q: Could a skilled Skinner make their skin work with Wordpress SandBox ?
Wordpress SandBox Theme
wordpress-sandbox-theme-screenshot.jpg

Wordpress SandPress Theme
screenshot35.png

The Wordpress people here should ask the XenForo Style people to include a Wordpress theme as well.

Top Bottom