Wordpress + Xenforo Bridge

Im still contimplating on whether I should buy xenforo or not haha.
Right now I am using wordpress and phpbb using wp-united and its doable but im sure the plugin owner of wp-united banned it.

Its just that everything is so expensive LOL

Xenforo $140
Xenforo customization: $100 something

need to buy a classifieds for my wordpress site...
will probably buy..
sitmile classifieds $70
sitemile customization to look like my theme $165

tooo many expenses LOL

how much have you spent?

Im still contimplating on whether I should buy xenforo or not haha.
Right now I am using wordpress and phpbb using wp-united and its doable but im sure the plugin owner of wp-united banned it.

Its just that everything is so expensive LOL

Xenforo $140
Xenforo customization: $100 something

need to buy a classifieds for my wordpress site...
will probably buy..
sitmile classifieds $70
sitemile customization to look like my theme $165

tooo many expenses LOL

how much have you spent?

To be honest, I am sure i've spent more on wordpress then I have on xenForo. The Wordpress themes I bought were about 100 dollars in total, plus a couple plugins probably total near 150 dollars. As for xenForo, besides it's initial cost I haven't bought too many things for it.

When you're starting up a site, costs usually do add up so it's best to add things as you go along.

Encouraging piracy is unacceptable
To be honest, I am sure i've spent more on wordpress then I have on xenForo. The Wordpress themes I bought were about 100 dollars in total, plus a couple plugins probably total near 150 dollars. As for xenForo, besides it's initial cost I haven't bought too many things for it.

When you're starting up a site, costs usually do add up so it's best to add things as you go along.
I haven't bought one Wordpress them. I just custom created my own based on the Atahualpa them. It's feature rich. Lots of stuff you could do with over 100 options to change. And it's FREE, plus the support is pretty good.
In regards to plugins, I've spent about hundred. Half I don't use or plugins are no longer supported.

Have you checked out blackhat forums? It's more like "illegal forums" lol everybody puts their paid downloads for free so you could upload them. Everybody shares there plugins and etc... It's pretty cool.

I haven't bought one Wordpress them. I just custom created my own based on the Atahualpa them. It's feature rich. Lots of stuff you could do with over 100 options to change. And it's FREE, plus the support is pretty good.
In regards to plugins, I've spent about hundred. Half I don't use or plugins are no longer supported.

Have you checked out blackhat forums? It's more like "illegal forums" lol everybody puts their paid downloads for free so you could upload them. Everybody shares there plugins and etc... It's pretty cool.
Prepare to be clobbered and good luck finding people to help you after a post like that...

And if you have bad luck, your whole website or even server will be f***ed up because the stuff they upload had some code changes you didn't recognize. That's what happend to a friend of mine... he installed a plugin what was sending an email to the attacker and he gained full access to the webhosting account and almost to the whole server.

Did I say something wrong? It was just a forum I found....? I was just talking about it
You just advocated piracy. Which is, and always be, an unacceptable practice. And not something that should be discussed at company forums where people sell things.

Reactions: LPH
I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I mean if it was that bad, you would think that website would be shut down. I'll delete what I wrote. Sorry

I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I mean if it was that bad, you would think that website would be shut down. I'll delete what I wrote. Sorry

Not always. Most mod creators, theme makers, even companies like Xenforo have not the resources, financial or in time, to go around stopping those who steal their work.

Secondly, websites can move servers, change names etc, and are difficult to close down.

I don't understand the password sync

The password cannot be synced since the two platforms use different encryption methods. However, this does not change a thing when the bridge is enabled. Everything works as normal. It only means that when you do decide to disable the bridge, your WordPress users can sign in with their xenForo usernames and xenForo email addresses. Then they can change their WordPress passwords to whatever they want. This is only when the bridge is disabled.

As long as the bridge is enabled, everything works as normal.

I also recommend that you keep plugin related discussions to that specific thread.

So when the bridge is enabled...

A user can sign in through Wordpress using their
Username and password
Or
Username and email!

So when the bridge is enabled...

A user can sign in through Wordpress using their
Username and password
Or
Username and email!

A user does not sign in through wordpress when the bridge is enabled. They only sign in through xenForo, and they are automatically signed into wordpress. When signing in through xenForo they use their username and password as normal.

Top Bottom