[WMTech] Attachment Manager

[WMTech] Attachment Manager [Paid] 1.2.4

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I am using this with other third party add-ons and recognized that BB-Code links are not displayed for them (like Showcase for example) but the "View XXXX" link does work. Will this be added in the future?

Secondly one add-on that uses uploads for Thread, Forum and Profile Covers (https://xenforo.com/community/resources/xfa-extended-cover.4656/) has its "View XXXX" and the link to the attachment is correct, but the page can not be opened as it produces an error "The requested page could not be found". Could it be that this is due to the attachments being located in a "cover slider"?

The problem with third party attachments is that they won't display if attached to another content type. This is why we allow to display and delete them (permission controlled) but not to have them attached to other posts.

Speaking of "deletion" of the attachments: I was trying to change the <input> type deletion button in the Attachment Manager list to <button> to be able to customize the icon with FontAwesome and replace the sprite "X" image. Unfortunately that works not with the Overlay function. Instead of the overlay it redirects to another page where I can delete the attachment. I changed a lot of <input> type buttons to <button> without any problems in XF Core (attachment uploader for example) and modern browsers support the new tag. If you have any hint for me how to fix that, I would be very thankful.

Code:
<button type="submit" value="Delete" class="delete OverlayTrigger" data-href="attachments/xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/delete" title="Delete..."></button>

Speaking of "deletion" of the attachments: I was trying to change the <input> type deletion button in the Attachment Manager list to <button> to be able to customize the icon with FontAwesome and replace the sprite "X" image. Unfortunately that works not with the Overlay function. Instead of the overlay it redirects to another page where I can delete the attachment. I changed a lot of <input> type buttons to <button> without any problems in XF Core (attachment uploader for example) and modern browsers support the new tag. If you have any hint for me how to fix that, I would be very thankful.

Code:
<button type="submit" value="Delete" class="delete OverlayTrigger" data-href="attachments/xxxxxxxxxxx.xxx/delete" title="Delete..."></button>

We will continue to follow XenForos design guide lines. So unless XF changes <input> to <button>, we won't do it either.

The overlay opening function is bound to the input field via javascript. This may be the reason why it does not work if you cange <input> to <button>.

We will continue to follow XenForos design guide lines. So unless XF changes <input> to <button>, we won't do it either.

The overlay opening function is bound to the input field via javascript. This may be the reason why it does not work if you cange <input> to <button>.
Thanks for the clarification. I helped myself with changing the sprite to a "faked" FontAwesome pic. If there is a workaround I would appreciate to get known to it. Beside that, I recognized too that XF uses not up to date html and CSS in parts of the code. I hope that will be modernized with XF2.0.

Another bug/problem: "file attachments" like PDFs, RTFs etc are enclosed in IMG BBCode tags too... That just leaves a broken "pseudo thumbnail" because the link/URL to the file attachment can not be resolved.

View attachment 126312

Correct BBCode would be
Code:
[ATTACH]{Number of attachment here}[/ATTACH]
to produce a download link at least. But it would be one step ahead if the attachments would also be visible in the same appearance like they are in design if uploaded into the posting.

View attachment 126314

Plus a suggestion: The overlay on the thread posting reply is great but what really would supercharge it would be a button, that automatically inserts the attachment BBCode into the redactor window. So you don't need to "copy the URL, then close the overlay, then open it again, then copy another attachment URL". One could just insert #1, insert #5, insert #8 by clicking once per attachment, then closing the overlay.

View attachment 126315

@wmtech Any chance this will be implemented? Because right now it is not possible to copy the BBCode from the attachment manager window on a mobile phone. Which renders the add-on useless.

Seems like a very good add-on @wmtech, just a suggestion before I buy. Would it be possible to make the attachments selection just like Xenforo Gallery when you click the camera icon? So when we click on attachments it would make the attachments thumb appear the under the editor and when we click, it would insert the thumbnail? I think it would give it a more of Xenforo feel to it!

Thanks!

Seems like a very good add-on @wmtech, just a suggestion before I buy. Would it be possible to make the attachments selection just like Xenforo Gallery when you click the camera icon? So when we click on attachments it would make the attachments thumb appear the under the editor and when we click, it would insert the thumbnail? I think it would give it a more of Xenforo feel to it!

Thanks!
Great suggestion and especially mobile responsive mode friendly. Right now it is NOT possible to copy links to attachments from the attachment list modal in mobile mode.

Thanks!

There are already plans for that. This add-on will envolve into a attachment manager and display add-on. Kind of a small gallery for attachments.

Today some of my members are seeing other peoples' attachments instead of their own when they go to the attachment manager. Visiting the attachment manager while logged out in an incognito window gives the same result.

This is the link: https://www.mu-43.com/attachments/manage

I've made a lot of changes on the site lately and have no idea what could be causing this. Anyone else have this happen to them?

EDIT: Figured it out. Was a Cloudflare page rule I was using to cache attachments!

Last edited:
Can this add-on be used to view the list of attachments uploaded by a specific user? So that all users could view attachments uploaded by any other user?

I have a question about this add-on.... I'm building a test site using the Showcase add-on. With the Showcase add-on you have the option of setting it up so that when a user creates a Showcase "Item" (content type) a thread is created and automatically tied to it. This allows users to discuss the Item in traditional thread form. The problem with this is that the author of the Item tends to post images in that thread instead of using the album/gallery feature for the item. It essentially creates two places for the user to upload photos - the item gallery or in a reply to the associated thread using the post attachment feature.

What I've been thinking about is finding a way to group all of the attachments for a thread together, only the attachments posted by the author mind you, and have them displayed together. Which would allow me to disable the Showcase gallery. I doubt that this add-on has the ability to do this but I'm wondering if you've thought about grouping the thread attachments together somehow so that a user can easily view them if they wanted to. I think that would be something that could make this add-on very valuable.

I'm going to bring this up to Bob (Showcase developer) to get his thoughts too.

There are several ideas for a new XF2 version of this add-on (including extending it to a gallery view). However I doubt that such a close Showcase integration will be included. You will need custom development to get your perfect solution.

Top Bottom