[WMTech] Attachment Manager

[WMTech] Attachment Manager [Paid] 1.2.4

No permission to buy ($19.00)
so on new version and already downloaded 3 times no way to get new version or couter will be reseted on new version?

The counter will be reseted. But -as said- there are flaws at Fetchapp and it seems that when you click 1x at the download button, Fetchapp detects 3 downloads in the same second and expires the order. Are you perhaps using a download manager with more than 1 connection?

I am new to xenforo but interested in this add on and have a few questions -

1) When you re use attachments which are an image do you get a thumbnail preview of the image or just a link?

2) Does your add on do anything to the attachments that would stop them from working if the add on was un-installed at a later stage?

Thanks!

1) When you re use attachments which are an image do you get a thumbnail preview of the image or just a link?

2) Does your add on do anything to the attachments that would stop them from working if the add on was un-installed at a later stage?

Thanks!

The image it brings up is a thumbnail view. It also has the bbcode link with it as well. Once you paste the bbcode, it renders as original sized image.

We have it running at our site if you'd like to play around with it.

Cannot answer #2, no reason to uninstall really.

The image it brings up is a thumbnail view. It also has the bbcode link with it as well. Once you paste the bbcode, it renders as original sized image.

In relation to number 2 what I have experienced with VB is when ever they upgrade the forum software modifications break.

Not sure if it is as bad as this with Xenforo but would like to know if Xenforo updates and the mod breaks will it do any damage to my attachements if it is disabled?

I am trying to avoid installing anything that could potentially break 5GB+ of attachments most of which is images :)!

Thanks!

ad 1)
See Stews post.

ad 2) This add-on does nothing with the attachments. You can uninstall it any time and everything will continue to work as intended and expected. We also will upgrade this add-on for new XF versions as long until XF will have it's own attachment manager included.

As already has been mentioned: The add-on is installed at www.xfshowcase.com. You can test and use it there.

Hi there, just had a look at your site and couldn't find the attachment manager options.

Is it still working on your site?

Cheers!

I had it set for our verified members.

I will turn it on for registered as well.

Cheers very kind of you and thanks for the prompt reply....

Don't want to go off topic but love your site and the welcome message for new users....

Is there a mod for that message for new users when they first login that you used?

I have a hard time imagining that users title their attachments in a way that would allow them to remember for searching.......but if you all say so!
Very good point.

I am a big attacher and I name things so they are findable, but good names are probably the exception, not the rule.
The casual attacher is less likely to even need the search ...
Very fast visual inspection is probably the most useful method of finding attachments .. and that should be the priority.

captioning / keywords - good idea. could help find things a second time ... when you know you'll want to find that image again. give IMG2351.small.jpg caption: sunflower.

I noticed another attachment manager-type add-on was just added.

I think, based on what bobster said, that captioning needs to be added at the deeper system level (core). Sure, it can be hacked in, but this could result in various incompatibilities as the core software progresses.

I'm going to make sure it's in the XF suggestions threads! Having good captioning can help turn threads or wiki or blog entries into proper articles!

I think, based on what bobster said, that captioning needs to be added at the deeper system level (core).

What did Bobster say?

I would love to have attachment captions, and I'm not opposed to doing it via an add-on. All you're going to do is add a column. Worst case, XF implements a similar feature later down the road, and you write a query to move your captions from the existing field to XF's captions field. Whatever add-on you're using is going to need attention, regardless, as you'll want it to fetch and display XF's caption as well as whatever existing ones you had.

Bobster had said he was considering it, but that it might require hacking in such a way that XF updates could break it...that he'd rather see the functionality (hooks?) built into the core and then developers could reach in and get it.
That's my interpretation of his words.....

I guess it has to do with various things - whether developers create their own db tables for holding the styling, etc.

Oh, okay. I agree... there are lots of things that would be "better" if they were in the core. The question is whether or not they're likely to be included, and how soon they're likely to be added. I don't see captions as critical to forum software -- you're posting the photos in with text anyway, and the text formatting options available to you are generally pretty crude. Unless XF says they're developing a CMS add-on, I wouldn't put off development.

That's just my .02, though. I searched for the bobster post, but didn't turn up anything.

I was testing this modification out @ XF Showcase and I had asked this previously.

When you reuse an image is there a way to make it a thumbnail and get the lightbox popup?

When I look at my attachments you get the BB code as -

Code:
[IMG]http://www.domains.com/attachments/santa-jpg.973/[/IMG]

When you paste the above code into a thread to reuse the attachment it does not give you a thumbnail view and the option to use lightbox to view the image(s).

Is there a way to do this with this modification?

I am trying to give me users the ability to reuse there images but have thumbnail and lightbox functionality when re using them.

Cheers!

Top Bottom