[WMTech] Attachment Manager

[WMTech] Attachment Manager [Paid] 1.2.4

No permission to buy ($19.00)
The third paid addon which has been abandoned - will make sure I do more checks on the user before buying addons in future.

Version 1.1.3 can be installed at Xenforo 1.2.0+ installations also (tested with XF 1.2.1). However the Attachment Manager Screen is not responsive currently and the template modification has to be done manually as per included instructions.

This will be updated for XF 1.2 with responsive layout, template modifications and listener hints soon. However that update will break compatibility with Xenforo 1.1 branch. So the current is the last version which can be used with XF 1.1 boards.

Can anyone confirm that this is working on their Xenforo 1.2.1 and post a screenshot of what this looks like in Responsive?

Can you let us tag attachments under a category so they'll be easier to find?

wmtech updated [WMTech] Attachment Manager with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.0: Update for XenForo 1.2 and 1.3, New Features

> Version 1.2.0 <
  • Updated to fully support XenForo 1.3 and 1.2
  • Removed template hook dependency
  • No longer works with XenForo 1.1
  • Fixed error where some "empty" attachments are shown
  • Several performance improvements
  • Feature: Now fully responsive to viewport
  • Feature: Overlay picker now only shows attachments with general view permissions
  • Feature: BB-Code is shown only with attachments with general view permissions
  • Feature: Supports all Content-Types (not...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Purchased and installed on our Sandbox, thank you.
I have some suggestions, please.
Filters: The drop-down selection includes some options that are inappropriate.
temp1.webp
For example, the avforums_competition http://xenforo.com/community/resources/competitions-for-xenforo.2344/ and xf_faq_question http://xenforo.com/community/resources/iversia-faq-manager.1413/
How can I remove them please?
And also could we specify a particular forum please? That's an option in this addon: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/attachment-viewer.411/

I changed the Phrases attachmanager_attachmanager and attachmanager_start from 'My Attachements' to 'Your Attachments' to retain the consistency with the rest of Xenforo language which uses 'Your' instead of 'My'.

Also because we have changed our templates to add Font Awesome icons in the account_wrapper and navigation_visitor_tab templates, the template replacements don't work. I changes the template replacements to remove the bit before the phrase.
E.g. the navigation_visitor_tab search changed to
HTML:
{xen:phrase your_content}</a></li>
(because it makes sense to have 'Your Attachments' after 'Your Content')
And the replacement changed to
HTML:
$0
<xen:if is="{$visitor.permissions.forum.wmt_attman_View}"><li><a href="{xen:link attachments/manage}"><i class="visitor_tab_icon fa fa-suitcase fa-fw" style="padding-right: 7px;"></i>{xen:phrase attachmanager_attachmanager}</a></li></xen:if>
to add the Font Aweseome icon.

Filters: The drop-down selection includes some options that are inappropriate.
View attachment 72707

There are just phrases missing from those third-party add-ons. Copy the strange strings, name new phrases with them and the value of those phrases will be shown afterwards. I don't know why some developers legft those phrases out of their add-ons.

Template modifications and phrases are there to be changed according to your needs. Feel free to adapt it to your liking!

Last edited:
@Stuart Wright : I talked to my colleque and she said that 'avforums_competition' and 'xf_faq_question' are not inappropriate because they use attachments and thus are correctly included with Attachment Manager.

However she sees that some coders adding custom content_types somehow do not provide the correct phrase with their content_type.

In one of the next releases we'll add an option that fetches all the attachment handlers existing on your system and let you choose which of them you want to be handled by Attachment Manager and which of them not. It will also provide the possibility to set the name of the attachment type in case the original coder did not provide that method.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.
It's a great idea to incorporate attachments throughout Xenforo including addons, and better still to allow slected searching of these resources.
For flexibility, yes, competitions can be set up so that members can add them. But it's not something we allow. The FAQ manager does have an option to allow members to suggest new FAQ, but for us it's not appropriate to allow users to enter them, and generally they don't do that anyway, so I choose not to have it included in the attachment search.
In contrast, the XenMediaGallery is a perfect inclusion.
Your solution sounds perfect, and I'll take the addon to the live site when you release the update.

How about my suggestion to be able to search specific forums?
Thank you.

wmtech updated [WMTech] Attachment Manager with a new update entry:

Version 1.2.1: Added Content Type options for View and Delete, Several minor changes

>Version 1.2.1<
  • Small bugfix with conversation message attachments
  • Added option to select which attachment content types on your forum (including third party add-ons) this add-on should manage.
  • Removed global "Allow Deletion" switch
  • Added option to select attachment content types you'll allow for deletion
  • Changed some phrase values from "My" to "Your" (thanks Stuart)
  • Adapted some template modifications to get more reliable matches (also thank yoy Stuart)

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you. Upgraded. Clicked to view Your Attachments
Server Error
Undefined index: post

1. XenForo_Application::handlePhpError() in WMTech/AttachManager/ControllerPublic/Attachment.php at line 177
  2. WMTech_AttachManager_ControllerPublic_Attachment->actionManage() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  3. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  4. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/sites/xf.avforums.com/public_html/public_html/index.php at line 13
Update: Went into the settings, added XenGallery and Conversations, saved, refreshed the above page and it worked. An issue with the settings on first upgrade, I suspect.

Thank you. Upgraded. Clicked to view Your Attachments

Update: Went into the settings, added XenGallery and Conversations, saved, refreshed the above page and it worked. An issue with the settings on first upgrade, I suspect.

First: Please make sure that all files are overwritten when upgrading (there is no 'post' in line 177 of that file in the most recent version). The version of a file is shown on top of each file.

Second: Indeed the options have to be visited first and content types to be used selected. We right now prepare another update which removes that necessity.

Top Bottom