I think the Attachments Management is not done very well in XenForo. Wait... it seems, there is no Attachment Managemet at all in XenForo right now! I like the way you can use them as full images, thumbnails and view them in popup window, but what a waste of resources it is not to be able to use them again?
Let's make a real example: I am creating news threads, where I use a lot of images. Let's say I already made 4 news threads about the game GTA 5 with image attachments.
The easiest way to find attachments from those 4 news threads would be if I could search (browse) in attachments and
- filter attachments by forum (will display attachments from only a specified forum)
- filter attachments by thread title (entering gta 5 would find only attachments from threads with GTA 5 in title)
- filter attachments by tags (will only find attachments from threads tagged by word GTA 5)
- filter attachments by filename (should have mentioned this in 1st place)
- to reuse not only your attachments, but any attachment uploaded to your site
- to display all of them in front-end and to be able to search between them and to filter them by various criterias
- to be able to use them again as full images and thumbnails too (viewable for guests too!)
- to be able to search only for images (you can attach packaged files and other things too afaik)
If you like this idea and if you also want to see this feature be implemented to XenForo, please don't forget to like this post. Why you should do that? It is explained >>> here <<<.