[WMTech] Attachment Manager

[WMTech] Attachment Manager [Paid] 1.2.4

No permission to buy ($19.00)
This add-on does not change anything regarding attachments in XenForo.
It just allows to browse, reuse and delete attachments.

Is it still possible to get this add on? I notice the creator has been gone for quite a while. I really would like this for my site.

Is it still possible to get this add on? I notice the creator has been gone for quite a while. I really would like this for my site.

This add-on, as well as all our others, is fully supported.
You can buy it using the link above.

Just bought it.
But dont show the delete option even if the rights given properly.

Attachments can only be deleted via the Attachment Manager interface in Account Management. This is also the place where all your attachments are listed.

It is not possible to delete attachments within the popup menu shown after clicking the "Your attachments" button under the editor in a thread. This lists attachments that can be inserted in messages only and just for this purpose.

No i mean in Account Management.

So it looks at you show

anhang1.webp

And this is what i got.

Anhang2.webp

As you can see there is no red cross showing up.
Also not in Default style.

Last edited:
As you can see there is no red cross showing up.
Also not in Default style.

Ah, I see.

You need to go to the Options of this add on in ACP and activate all content types you'll allow to be deleted. The setting is called "Select Content Types to Allow Delete".

And you also need to go to the permissons of your user groups and allow the user group this users belongs to to "Delete Attachments".

If the user has permission to delete attachments AND the content type of the attachment is allowed to be deleted. a red cross will be shown.

Thanks mate.
I missed to activate the first.

Tought if enough to allow it with the user groups.

But this is even better.

Next time i will read more carefully.

is this still working with xenforo 1.4?

It is clearly marked to work with XenForo 1.4 in it's description.
So the answer to your question is YES. ;)

All add-ons we sell support the most recent version of XenForo (and are fully maintained).

Last edited:
Reactions: Epi
wmtech updated [WMTech] Attachment Manager with a new update entry:

v1.2.3: Minor Code Optimizations and Enhancements, XF 1.5 Compatibility, PHP 7 Compatibility

> Version 1.2.3<
Code Enhancement & Bugfix Release, PHP 7 and XF 1.5 Compatibility

This upgrade is recommended for all customers.

Changelog:

NEW: Minor Code Enhancements

NEW: PHP 7 Compatibility

NEW: XenForo 1.5 Compatibility

BUGFIX:
Fixed Error When Handling Attachments Of Inactive Add-Ons

Upgrade Instructions:...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Installed today and I think I found a bug: The sort order in the attachment list browser has no ascending state. When clicking on a column header (Date, Size, Views) the list is sorted descending but an additional click on the column header does neither change the state of the arrow nor does it sort the list ascending.

Attachment Manager v1.2.4
XenForo v1.5.5

sort_order.webp

Another bug/problem: "file attachments" like PDFs, RTFs etc are enclosed in IMG BBCode tags too... That just leaves a broken "pseudo thumbnail" because the link/URL to the file attachment can not be resolved.

attachment_manager1.webp

Correct BBCode would be
Code:
[ATTACH]{Number of attachment here}[/ATTACH]
to produce a download link at least. But it would be one step ahead if the attachments would also be visible in the same appearance like they are in design if uploaded into the posting.

attached_files.webp

Plus a suggestion: The overlay on the thread posting reply is great but what really would supercharge it would be a button, that automatically inserts the attachment BBCode into the redactor window. So you don't need to "copy the URL, then close the overlay, then open it again, then copy another attachment URL". One could just insert #1, insert #5, insert #8 by clicking once per attachment, then closing the overlay.

insert_attachment.webp

Last edited:
Installed today and I think I found a bug: The sort order in the attachment list browser has no ascending state. When clicking on a column header (Date, Size, Views) the list is sorted descending but an additional click on the column header does neither change the state of the arrow nor does it sort the list ascending.

This behavior is currently "as designed". Any columns can be sorted descended only. If you want to go to the end of that list, just use the button "Last" in the pagination link line.

Another bug/problem: "file attachments" like PDFs, RTFs etc are enclosed in IMG BBCode tags too... That just leaves a broken "pseudo thumbnail" because the link/URL to the file attachment can not be resolved.

This is indeed a bug. We will release an update soon. Thanks for reporting!

Plus a suggestion: The overlay on the thread posting reply is great but what really would supercharge it would be a button, that automatically inserts the attachment BBCode into the redactor window. So you don't need to "copy the URL, then close the overlay, then open it again, then copy another attachment URL". One could just insert #1, insert #5, insert #8 by clicking once per attachment, then closing the overlay.

The whole add-on will be enhanced and upgraded soon. For example there will be a gallery page to show all attachments of a user in his profile to other members (permission controlled). We already plan to introduce the automatic insert into Redactor with this update. There are also plans to automatically convert attachments to an album in XenGallery (if this add-on is installed) and allow to display and insert them from there.

This behavior is currently "as designed". Any columns can be sorted descended only. If you want to go to the end of that list, just use the button "Last" in the pagination link line
Any way to have this included in the next update?

The whole add-on will be enhanced and upgraded soon. For example there will be a gallery page to show all attachments of a user in his profile to other members (permission controlled). We already plan to introduce the automatic insert into Redactor with this update. There are also plans to automatically convert attachments to an album in XenGallery (if this add-on is installed) and allow to display and insert them from there.
Sounds awesome. Great ideas. Good to know I was on the right track.

Top Bottom