1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[WMTech] Attachment Manager [Paid] 1.2.4

Allow your users to manage, search, list, browse, delete and reuse their attachments

1. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] Attachment Manager (version 1.1.1) - Allow your users to manage, search, list, browse, delete and reuse their attachments

Read more about this resource...
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. duderuud

duderuud Active Member

Great add-on! On my watchlist :)
  3. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Will this allow uploading a new attachment in a thread? Working demo?
  4. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

This add-on deals with existing attachments only. Uploading attachments into messages and permissions to do so is handled in XenForo directly. You are able to use existing attachments again ("reuse") in new messages with this add-on.

We currently think about adding limits (quotas) for attachments per user group to this add-on. Like: user group X is allowed to upload max 100 attachments with a max total size of 10 MB.
    Rudy, Luxus and Anthony Parsons like this.
  5. netrix

netrix Active Member

I would like to see the quota feature, would be a good reason to buy this addon.
  6. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

Oh, that's a shame :( I know many including myself been waiting a long time for attachment uploading in threads and signatures.
  7. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

Very Cool - almost seems like it could be a gallery of sorts with some work....that is, let a user decide which attachments are his public gallery and then make them public or members-only.......
    Shelley and Digital Doctor like this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Adding searching on attachment names would greatly enhance this addon.
    It could greatly speed up finding attachments (which is the biggest barrier to getting users to use this).

DRE and Shelley like this.
  9. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Searching will be in next release. We currently are in a decision process if it should be integrated with XenForo's Search or a standalone version just for Attachment Manager.
  10. timothy259856

timothy259856 Active Member

Adding Who's has downloaded my attachment and must thanks or reply to view my attachment
  11. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Nicely done.
  12. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Standalone for sure.
    Searching for attachments is focused goal. The attachment names would be drowned out in a search that included titles and posts from forum content.
  13. craigiri

craigiri Well-Known Member

I have a hard time imagining that users title their attachments in a way that would allow them to remember for searching.......but if you all say so!

Allowing for captioning or keywords and THEN search....well, that's another story. Or, the idea of small groups (alblums) of their attachments which are named. Hopefully they can use the bookmark manager add-on?

I'm still thinking this could be all the gallery that many people need with a little work....and, of course, a slightly higher price.
    Digital Doctor and Shelley like this.
  14. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

Let's wait what Robbo will release with his Kickstarter gallery project....

But merging (or rather expanding) attachments to a full blown media gallery sounds very attractive. Having two separated entities for that seems just wrong and complicated. Or in other words: Old vB style. :)
  15. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

on install get

Please enter a valid callback method.

cant be installed ver 1.1.1

Dir need Renamed from AttachmentManager to AttachManager

also Bug into acp name options

need fixed both
  16. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

17. wmtech

wmtech Well-Known Member

Sorry, Add-On updated, fixed the typo.
  18. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

thanx for fast update, on new version i get some new download link (auto)?

dont received some new download link for 1.1.2

This order has expired and can no longer be downloaded. Please refer to the download email we sent you for further support.
  19. HWS

HWS Well-Known Member

You can just use the download link in your order confirmation mail to download the latest version.
    Fetchapp has unfortunately some flaws and your order seems to have expired without any known reason. I reopened it for you.

Edit: I see, you downloaded it 3 times, which is the maximum. I reseted the counter.
  20. TBolley

TBolley Active Member

so on new version and already downloaded 3 times no way to get new version or couter will be reseted on new version?