Will you buy an ipad 2?

Until one company realizes having a tablet that is useful in a business and/or academic environment should be a priority this whole market is useless.

cbf carrying a laptop/notebook anymore .. I'm totally over it, however customers still want presentations and bollocks, and I still want to escape to the internet when I'm bored at an airport terminal or some such.
solution = tablet

I have an iPad; I waited for a few months to see others use it in action before I bought one.
Thinking of buying the new one, but not straight away

I wouldn't mind a tablet, but I want something that rungs Windows, so I can work from it as well. I have to admit though that knowing Garage Band is on it might just sucker me over.

I'm personally tempted by the iPad 1 now, with the $100 / £110 price cut!! Bargain.

Difficult to decide whether to wait or not.

Why anyone would get a tablet, let alone an Apple one, is beyond me. They are just oversized smartphones; you'd be better off spending your money on a nice Android phone and/or a netbook.
That sounds like fanboy talk though, you'll hear the same from the Apple side. Best thing to do is to try them both yourself.

I could grant that it is oversized for some uses... Imagine using an iPad instead of a camera for taking photos.

I think anyone would look ridiculous taking photos with it XD

Wayyy too much money for me to even think about it. Heh I had to return my Kindle after just 24 hours because my son needed a few supplies for a 3 day overnighter with his class. :(
The joys of being a single mom.

Nope.

Hate pads, pretty much useless for me as they cannot do much more than a good smart phone (except for providing additional nerd factor) and I would never replace a compact phone with such an oversized thing.

I sold my laptop and got an ipad when the first one came out and I really do like my ipad.
It's like buying a car, some folks will prefer different models with different features.

Yes, you can't do all the stuff with an ipad, but the 10 hour battery life makes up for having less features, they are truly superb on the move.

iOS devices are poor for taking photos, but the video is bearable.
You can transfer photo's directly to ipad1/ipad2 via the adapator, photo's do look lovely on the ipad screen and you will soon be able to view via HDMI or over wifi onto AppleTv.

I really dislike iTunes and also hate having to connect to my pc via a cable, but the usability, portability and battery life of the ipad makes up for it.

The Motorola zoom looks like a nice piece of kit and it will suit the needs of a lot of people.
Apple have led the way with the ipad and other tablets will no doubt leapfrog them with some features, but overall, Apple nicks it for me.

There are some great apps on the iOS devices.
PS: The photo quality on the ipad and the iphone forum runner app for xenforo is wicked :)

I sold my laptop and got an ipad when the first one came out and I really do like my ipad.
It's like buying a car, some folks will prefer different models with different features.

Yes, you can't do all the stuff with an ipad, but the 10 hour battery life makes up for having less features, they are truly superb on the move.

iOS devices are poor for taking photos, but the video is bearable.
You can transfer photo's directly to ipad1/ipad2 via the adapator, photo's do look lovely on the ipad screen and you will soon be able to view via HDMI or over wifi onto AppleTv.

I really dislike iTunes and also hate having to connect to my pc via a cable, but the usability, portability and battery life of the ipad makes up for it.

The Motorola zoom looks like a nice piece of kit and it will suit the needs of a lot of people.
Apple have led the way with the ipad and other tablets will no doubt leapfrog them with some features, but overall, Apple nicks it for me.

There are some great apps on the iOS devices.
PS: The photo quality on the ipad and the iphone forum runner app for xenforo is wicked :)

I find a MacBook Air easier to work with than an iPad.

I will buy one. It is useful for me for business travel and in the airport/airplane. Of course, it can't replace a laptop, but for quick access to synced documents and e-mail, this seems like a great tool.

Top Bottom